ENB - Region 1 Notices 8/7/2013
Suffolk County - The Port Jefferson Planning Board, as lead agency, has determined that the proposed John T. Mather Hospital 36 Medical/Surgical Bed Northwest Addition will not have a significant adverse environmental impact. The action involves an application for the following:
- A 3-story, 28,500 square foot new construction and 3,600 square feet of renovated space expanding upon the existing 1st and 2nd floor and the construction of a new third story with a mansard roof.
- No net increase in the hospital's total bed count
- Two (2) rooftop air handling units, eight (8) rooftop exhaust fans and noise attenuation features.
- A new third cooling tower.
- A total of six (6) onsite parking spaces will be lost to result in a total of 1,228 onsite parking spaces.
- The construction of a retaining wall, lawn and expansion of existing outdoor gathering space.
- Onsite drainage structures.
- Removal of trees and 0.4 acres of meadow/brushland.
- Approximately 2,300 cubic yards of onsite excavated material will be relocated onsite and permanently stabilized as lawn.
- A landscaping plan and erosion control to stabilize site.
- Any additional utility services will be routed within existing hospital.
The project is located at 75 North Country Road in the Village of Port Jefferson, New York.
Contact: Denise Harrington, Village of Port Jefferson, 88 North Country Road, Port Jefferson, NY 11777, Phone: (631) 473-4744, E-mail: email@example.com.
Nassau County - The Planning Board of the Incorporated Village of Muttontown, as lead agency, has determined that the proposed Subdivision Application of Easton, LLC may have a significant adverse impact on the environment and a Draft Environmental Impact Statement must be prepared. The action involves a request by the Applicant for approval to permit the subdivision of a 98.92 ± acre parcel into 22 residential building lots, roadways and stormwater facilities. The parcel includes steeply sloping land, wetlands, wetland adjacent areas, horse trails, an existing private cemetery and existing residential and appurtenant structures. The project is located on the north side of Muttontown Road, opposite Wood Hollow Court in the Incorporated Village of Muttontown, New York.
Contact: Lisa A. Lolis, Incorporated Village of Muttontown, Village Hall, 1 Raz Tafuro Way, Muttontown, NY 11791, Phone: (516) 364-3476.