ENB - Statewide Notices 5/29/2013
New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (NYS DEC) announces the issuance of Freshwater Wetland Adjacent Area General Permit, GP-0-13-001
(previously noticed as GP-0-12-003)
This General Permit Authorizes the following activities within the 100 foot Adjacent Area of State Regulated Freshwater Wetlands:
Activities in currently disturbed areas that do not have natural vegetation, that are located a minimum of 50 feet from the NYS DEC staff determined wetland boundary. Currently disturbed areas include landscaped lawn or garden areas at existing facilities; existing parking or paved areas and existing structures.
Authorized activities include:
- demolition and removal of existing accessory/appurtenant structures;
- construction of driveways or parking areas limited to 1,000 square foot within the adjacent area;
- additions to existing structures limited to 1,000 square foot basal area within the adjacent area;
- installation of garages, decks, porches, sheds, pools, utility lines and other accessory/appurtenant structures of less than 1,000 square foot basal area within the adjacent area;
- in-kind, in-place replacement of existing accessory/appurtenant structures, roads and associated utilities.
The authorized activities are to include appropriate stormwater runoff controls.
This permit does not authorize the following activities:
- any wetland disturbance, including placement of fills, grading, cutting or clearing of natural vegetation, or landscaping;
- any disturbance within 50 feet of the wetland boundary;
- any activity that disturbs greater than 1/4 of an acre in total for the entire project, within and beyond the adjacent area;
- construction of new, expanded or replacement septic systems;
- storage of hazardous substances;
- demolition of an existing primary structure;
- any activity that directly impacts buildings or historic districts listed in the NYS and/or National Register of Historic Places.
Contact: Stuart Fox, NYS DEC - Division of Environmental Permits, 625 Broadway, Albany, NY 12233-1750, Phone: (518) 402-9167, E-mail: email@example.com.