ENB - Region 6 Notices 5/1/2013
General Permit for Municipalities
DEC Project Number: GP-6-12-004 for Article 15, Article 24, and Water Quality Certification
The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation proposes to adopt a General Permit to allow municipal projects in Jefferson, Lewis, St. Lawrence, Herkimer, or Oneida Counties in wetlands outside the Adirondack Park, their regulated 100' adjacent areas, and/or protected or navigable streams; which do not exceed the following thresholds:
Work in Streams
- Maintenance, repair, or replacement of existing bridges, culverts, or bank stabilization measures (rip rap) involving stream bed or banks disturbance of less than 100 linear feet along any 1,000 feet of watercourse.
- New construction or installation of a single-span bridge or single arch, box, elliptical, or round culvert including associated bank and substructure erosion protection that involves stream disturbance of less than 100 linear feet.
- New stream bank stabilization measures (excluding vertical walls, concrete, and gabions) to protect existing infrastructure which involves disturbing less than 100 linear feet along any 1,000 feet of watercourse.
- Maintenance, repair, or replacement of boat launch sites involving less than 100 cubic yards of fill and less than 100 linear feet of stream disturbance.
Work in NYS Regulated Freshwater Wetlands and their 100' Adjacent Areas
- Maintenance, repair, or replacement of existing bridges, culverts, or bank stabilization measures (rip rap) that disturbs less than one tenth of one acre.
This permit would be considered an Unlisted Action under the State Environmental Quality Review Act (SEQR) and will not have a significant impact on the environment. A Negative Declaration is on file. A coordinated review was not performed. No SEQR lead agency was designated. The projects may be located in a Coastal Management area and subject to the Waterfront Revitalization and Coastal Resources Act. It has been determined that the proposed action is not subject to CP-29. Proposed projects located in archaeologically or historically sensitive areas will be required to obtain clearance from the New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation before coverage under this General Permit can be granted. Projects will be evaluated for impacts to Threatened and Endangered species and individual permits required when necessary.
Copies of the draft permit are available for review during normal business hours at the following Region 6 Offices of the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation:
NYS DEC - Region 6
Dulles State Office Building, 5th Floor
317 Washington Street
Watertown, NY 13601
NYS DEC - Region 6, Sub-Office
State Office Building
207 Genesee Street, Room 1404
Utica, NY 13501
Written comments on the draft general permit must be submitted (fax, email, or letter) to the contact listed below by May 9, 2013 or 15 days from the date of this notice, whichever is later.
Contact: Jessica Hart, New York State Department of Environmental Conservation, 5th Floor, Dulles State Office Building, 17 Washington St, Watertown, NY 13601; Fax: (315) 785-2242, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) has received a Brownfield Cleanup Program (BCP) application from 5140 Commercial Drive, LLC for a site known as the 5140 Site, site ID #C633079. This site is located in the Town of Whitestown, within the County of Oneida, and is located at 5140 Commercial Drive, Yorkville, NY 13495. Comments regarding this application must be submitted no later than May 31, 2013. Information regarding the site, the application, and how to submit comments can be found at http://www.dec.state.ny.gov/chemical/60058.html or send comments to Anand Patel, Project Manager, NYS Department of Environmental Conservation, Remedial Bureau C, 625 Broadway, Albany, NY 12233-7014; 518-402-9662; or email@example.com .
To have information such as this notice sent right to your email, sign up with county email listservs available at www.dec.ny.gov/chemical/61092.html .