ENB - Region 7 Notices 1/23/2013
Cortland County - The Town of Cortlandville Town Board, as lead agency, has determined that the proposed NYS Route 13 Rehabilitation Project will not have a significant adverse environmental impact. The action involves the in kind replacement of an existing trunk sewer line along NYS Route 13 from the City of Cortland municipal boundary to a point approximately 1,500 feet south of the intersection of Route 13 and Route 281. The project is located along NYS Route 13 in the Town of Cortlandville, New York.
Contact: Richard C. Tupper, Town of Cortlandville, 3577 Terrace Road, Cortland, NY 13045, Phone: (607) 756-6091.
Tompkins County - The Village of Dryden , Board of Trustees, as lead agency, has determined that the proposed Water System Improvements Project will not have a significant adverse environmental impact. The action involves a series of improvements to the Village of Dryden water system as identified within the Engineering Study for the Village of Dryden, dated January 2010 prepared by MRB Group. These improvements include the following:
- Replacement of the Ferguson Road water storage tank.
- Replacement of Lee Road Reservoir which includes the construction of a new water tank with transmission watermain connection.
- Construction of a new Arsenic Treatment Facility and transmission watermain connection.
- Improvements to the existing water supply facilities including the installation of a chlorine contact loop, SCADA System and miscellaneous building improvements.
- Looping of the East Main Street and Lee Road watermains.
- Decommissioning of the 4 inch watermain on Mill Street and moving services to the adjacent 10 inch watermain.
- Replacement of the 4 inch watermain on Rochester Street and Marsh Street.
- Replacement of the 4 inch watermain on Union Street and Montgomery Street.
- Installation of a new groundwater supply well including wellhead building and connection to the existing distribution system.
The project is located throughout the Village of Dryden, New York.
Contact: Randall Sterling, Village of Dryden, 16 South Street, P.O. Box 820, Dryden, NY 13053, Phone: (607) 844-8122.
Seneca and Tompkins Counties - The Village of Trumansburg Board of Trustees, as lead agency, has determined that the proposed Water System Improvements Project will not have a significant adverse environmental impact. The action involves the construction of a new well within the Taughannock Falls State Park which will provide an additional water source for the State Park and allow for interconnection of both water systems. This project also includes the construction of a 12 inch transmission main along State Highway 89 from Taughannock Falls State Park to the Village water system at Frontenac Road to connect to the Village distribution system. Also in order to allow for adequate disinfectant contact time from the existing Village well to customers, a new 12 inch transmission main along Frontenac Road will also be considered as recommended by the CT Male Associates 2009 study (as well as some other potential alternatives). The project is located on NYS Route 89 (Main Street) and Frontenac Road in the Village of Trumansburg, the Town of Ulysses and the Town of Covert, New York.
Contact: A. Martin Petrovic, Village of Trumansburg, 56 East Main Street, Trumansburg, NY 14886, Phone: (607) 387-6501.