ENB - Region 8 Notices 8/8/2012
The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation has determined that site ID # 835004, known as the Ontario County Landfill site, may be deleted from the New York State Registry of Inactive Hazardous Waste Disposal Sites. This site is located on State Routes 5 and 20 in the Town of Seneca, Ontario County. Comments regarding this action must be submitted no later than September 10, 2012. Information regarding the site, the proposed delisting, and how to submit comments electronically can be found at: http://www.dec.ny.gov/chemical/60063.html or send comments to James Craft, NYS DEC - Division of Environmental Remediation, 6274 Avon-Lima Road, Avon, NY 14414, Phone: (585) 226-5352, E-mail: email@example.com.
To have information such as this notice sent right to your e-mail, sign up with county e-mail listservs available at: www.dec.ny.gov/chemical/61092.html.
Ontario County - The West Bloomfield Town Board, as lead agency, has determined that the proposed 2012 Town of West Bloomfield Comprehensive Plan Update will not have a significant adverse environmental impact. The action involves the adoption of the Town of West Bloomfield Comprehensive Plan Update by the Town Board.
This action is pursuant to Town Law Section 272-a. The Comprehensive Plan Update includes the following chapters:
1. The Plan - an overview of the plan including the history of the Town, purpose of the plan and how it can be used, and the goals, policies and actions that will guide the community in the future.
2. The People - discussion of recent changes in population, projections and trends, including other characteristics such as age, ethnicity and education; and recent changes in housing, including a description of the housing stock by age, value, ownership and construction trends.
3. The Land - A discussion of existing land uses, zoning, and environmental considerations.
4. The Community - A discussion of administration, educational and community service facilities of the community and an analysis of the roads and transportation systems, and utilities.
5. Economy - An analysis of current economic conditions, trends and future opportunities.
6. Public Input - A record of the public input gathered during the planning process.
The purpose of the Comprehensive Plan is to provide guidance in the development of the Town. The Plan evaluates existing conditions, looks at trends and formulates policies that can be implemented by the Town to create a high quality community for existing and future residents.
The project is located throughout the Town of West Bloomfield, New York.
Contact: Scott Storke, Town of West Bloomfield, 2560 County Road #37, West Bloomfield, NY 14585, Phone: (585) 624-2914.