ENB - Region 4 Notices 11/2/2011
The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (NYS DEC) has determined that site ID No. 401034, known as the Watervliet Arsenal site, may be deleted from the New York State Registry of Inactive Hazardous Waste Disposal Sites. This site is located in the Town of Colonie, within the County of Albany, and is located at 10th Street, Colonie, NY 12189. Comments regarding this action must be submitted no later than December 2, 2011. Information regarding the site, the proposed delisting, and how to submit comments electronically can be found at: http://www.dec.ny.gov/chemical/60063.html or send comments to Alicia Barraza, NYS DEC - Division of Environmental Remediation, 625 Broadway, Albany, NY 12233-7016, Phone: (518) 402-9690, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To have information such as this notice sent right to your e-mail, sign up with county e-mail listservs available at: www.dec.ny.gov/chemical/61092.html.
Columbia County - Columbia County, as lead agency, has determined that the proposed Runway 21 Safety Area Improvements and Obstruction Removal Project will not have a significant adverse environmental impact. The action involves bringing Runway 21 runway safety area/runway object free areas into compliance with federal standards and mitigating obstructions at the Columbia County Airport. The proposed project will include the following:
- Acquire approximately 90.7 acres of avigation easements to remove off-airport obstructions.
- Remove approximately two acres of trees, approximately 50 individual trees, and three utility poles that penetrate FAA Part 77 Surfaces.
- Remove 4.3 acres of trees to construct the relocated golf course hole 5 and gravel access road.
- Acquire approximately 16.1 acres of the Meadowgreens golf course property in fee simple.
- Remove two footbridges.
- Relocate five golf course holes to maintain a nine hole golf course (to be done by others).
- Relocate a gravel access road (to be done by others) and sewer pump station.
- Fill in golf course ponds and grade uneven terrain.
- Install airport perimeter fencing adjacent to the Runway Safety Area (RSA)/Runway Object Free Area (ROFA) to connect to existing airport perimeter fencing.
- Install three obstruction lights.
The project study area totals 106.8 acres. Of this total 80.71 acres will be physically disturbed as a result of the proposed project. The remaining 26.09 acres are avigation easement areas that will not be disturbed.
The project is located in the Town of Ghent, New York.
Contact: David S. Robinson, Columbia County, 401 State Street, Hudson, NY 12534, Phone: (518)-828-0871.