ENB - Region 9 Notices 2/2/2011
The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (NYS DEC) has received a Brownfield Cleanup Program (BCP) application from Ameri Pride Services, Inc. for a site known as the Former American Linen Supply Company Facility, site ID #C915241. This site is located in the City of Buffalo, within the County of Erie, and is located at 822 Seneca Street, Buffalo, NY 14210. Comments regarding this application and the Draft Remedial Investigation Work Plan must be submitted no later than March 3, 2011. Information regarding the site, the application, and how to submit comments can be found at: http://www.dec.ny.gov/chemical/60058.html or send comments to Jaspal Walia, NYS DEC - Region 9 Headquarters, 270 Michigan Avenue, Buffalo, NY 14203-2999, Phone: (716) 851-7220, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To have information such as this notice sent right to your email, sign up with county email listservs available at: www.dec.ny.gov/chemical/61092.html.
Cattaraugus County - The Town of Machias, as lead agency, has determined that the proposed Lime Lake Sewer District Project will not have a significant adverse environmental impact. The action involves the construction of a low pressure grinder pump sewage collection system to serve properties nearby and on the perimeter of Lime Lake, along with a force main for transmission and discharge of sewage to the Franklinville, NY municipal wastewater treatment plant. The project is located at 3483 Roszyk Hill Road in the Town of Machias, New York.
Contact: Roy Spalti, Town of Machias, P.O. Box 87, Machias, NY 14101, Phone: (716) 353-8207, E-mail: email@example.com.
Conditioned Negative Declaration
Erie County - The Town of Tonawanda Town Board, as lead agency, has determined that the proposed Giuseppe Holdings, LLC - 4630 River Road will not have a significant adverse environmental impact provided specific conditions are met. There will be a 30 day public comment period commencing with the date of this notice.
The action involves the construction of 16 three-story townhomes within two buildings on a 3.74 acre site and to provide 19 boat docks along the shore of the Niagara River. The project is located at 4630 River Road adjacent to the Niagara River, north of the Grand Island Bridges in the Town of Tonawanda, New York.
The conditions are:
1. The plans submitted by the applicant for the proposed action shall comply with New York SPDES and Town of Tonawanda MS4 SWPPP requirements.
2. The proposed action shall meet New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (NYS DEC), U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, and Town of Tonawanda permit requirements for development within a regulated floodplain and for construction of boat docks within a protected water body.
3. Dredging of the waterway, disposal of dredged material, and any shoreline improvements conducted as part of the proposed action shall be satisfactory to the NYS DEC and U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
4. The proposed action will require mitigation on a portion of the site in order to make it acceptable for residential use as VOC levels exceed the 6NYCRR Part 375 Cleanup Objective for Restricted Residential Site Use. This mitigation, agreed to by the applicant, shall be acceptable to NYS DEC prior to proceeding.
5. Trucks used during the construction of the site shall comply with Town of Tonawanda regulations on delivery routes and time.
Contact: John W. Dorn, Town of Tonawanda, 2 Municipal Building, 2919 Delaware Avenue, Kenmore, NY 14217, Phone: (716) 875-9947.