ENB - Region 1 Notices 10/20/2010
Suffolk County - The Village of Port Jefferson Planning Board, as lead agency, has determined that the proposed Harbor Hills Country Club Golf Course Maintenance Facility will not have a significant adverse environmental impact. The action involves an application which is for the following:
1. Demolition of an existing maintenance building and construction of a new hardi-plank sided 6,200 square foot maintenance building with garage bays, welding, parts and grinding rooms, waste oil collection area, wash rooms and office space.
2. Construction of a new hardi-plank sided 3,200 square foot cold storage building to house golf carts, leaf vacuum trucks and miscellaneous maintenance equipment.
3. Regrading, realignment and repaving of existing maintenance driveway.
4. Construction of new parking area with 15 parking spaces.
5. Removal of contents (i.e. turf maintenance chemicals/fertilizers) of outdated chemical storage barn/shed and inclusion of HAZMAT storage and handling area in new maintenance building.
6. Construction of a new golf cart washing station and secondary containment area for existing aboveground fuel tanks and filling station.
7. Removal/abandonment and replacement of existing sanitary system.
8. Installation of improved storm drainage system.
9. Evergreen landscaping to screen upgraded facility.
Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments found:
Proposed action will be constructed in two or more phases spanning up to 2 years, depending upon available funding. The project is located at 44 Fairway Drive in the Village of Port Jefferson, New York.
Contact: Denise Harrington, Village of Port Jefferson, 88 North Country Road, Port Jefferson, NY 11777, Phone: (631) 473-4744, E-mail: email@example.com
Positive Declaration and Public Scoping
Suffolk County - The Town of Brookhaven Town Board, as lead agency, has determined that the proposed Mount Sinai Village Centre may have a significant adverse impact on the environment and a Draft Environmental Impact Statement must be prepared. Written comments on the draft scope will be accepted until November 8, 2010. A public scoping session will be held on October 28, 2010 from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at the Town of Brookhaven Town Hall, 1 Independence Hill, Farmingville, NY 11738. The action involves the change of zoning of 96 tax lots, consisting of 30.32 acres. The change of zone request involves converting the site's existing L-Industrial-1, J-Business-2 and A-Residence-1 zoning to J-Business-2 and J-Business-5 zoning to allow for the development of 184,289 square feet of retail space (including a motor vehicle fueling station), 25,289 square feet of office space, 3,500 square foot bank, and a 4,902 foot (115 seat) restaurant. The project is located on the south side of NYS Route 25A, south of the intersection of NYS Route 25A and Hallock Avenue in Mt. Sinai, Town of Brookhaven, New York.
Contact: Peter E. Fountaine, Town of Brookhaven, 1 Independence Hill, Farmingville, NY 11738, Phone: (631) 451-6455, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.