ENB - Region 1 Notices 09/15/2010
Suffolk County - Suffolk County, as lead agency, has determined that the proposed Cedar Point County Park Master Plan will not have a significant adverse environmental impact. The action involves the preparation by Suffolk County Department of Parks, Recreation and Conservation of a twenty-year master plan for Cedar Point County Park. Physical improvements recommended by the plan include the following:
• Reconfiguration of the existing campsites and roadways.
• Creation of primitive campsites.
• New Active recreational facilities as follows:
a. Basketball court
b. Two (2) volleyball/badminton courts
c. Canoe/kayak launch area
• Devolpment of a Sign Plan.
• Relocatation/replacment of the camp store (2,000 square foot)
• Improvment/renovation of the existing bathrooms.
• Replacment/reconfiguration of the campground check-in (400 square foot) building and park entrance.
• Construction of nature center (4,100 square foot).
• Construction of new bathroom (1,550 square foot).
• Construction of three (3) composting toilet stations (10 foot x 10 foot).
• Construction of viewing platforms.
• Reconstruction of rowboat cabin (10 foot x15 foot).
• Restoration of the Cedar Island Lighthouse.
• Upgrade existing utilities (fuel, water, sanitary, electric, phone).
• Demolish several failing, underutilized structures.
• Consolidate maintenance facilities.
The project is located at the Cedar Point County Park on Cedar Point Road in the Town of East Hampton, New York.
Contact: Michael P. Mulé, Suffolk County, 100 Veterans Memorial Highway, Hauppauge, NY 11788, Phone: (631) 853-5205, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Suffolk County - The Southampton Village Planning Board, as lead agency, has determined that the proposed 105 Little Plains Road Minor Subdivision will not have a significant adverse environmental impact. The action involves the subdivision of parcel into two parcels of conforming lot areas. The property is substantially contiguous to the Village Historic District, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The property contains a non-historic residential structure which will be removed and replaced with two new homes, which will be reviewed by the Village Architectural Review Board. The project is located at 105 Little Plains Road in the Village of Southampton, New York.
Contact: Pat Corrigan, Village of Southampton, 71 Hill Street, Southampton, NY 11968, Phone: (631) 204-2146.
Suffolk County - The Town of East Hampton Town Board, as lead agency, has determined that the proposed East Hampton Airport Master Plan Update and Airport Layout Plan Update will not have a significant adverse environmental impact. The action involves a possible Master Plan Update and Airport Layout Plan Update which would include:
(1) Rehabilitation of Runway 4/22 Rehabilitate and reactivate closed Runway 4/22, shortening it at the 22 end by 126 feet, institute 60 foot displaced landing threshold to comply with FAA standards; Trimming of trees penetrating approach to Runway 22 end, per FAR Part 77;
(2) Conversion of Runway 16/34 to a taxiway; removal of pavement at both ends;
(3) Relocation of Daniel's Hole Road at Runway 28 to comply with FAA safety standards and allow full use of Runway 10/28;
(4) Improving taxiway system - Addition of a bypass taxiway at the Runway 28 end of 10/28;
(5) Extension of Taxiway G to Runway 28 end of 10/28;
(6) Completion of parallel taxiway north of Runway 10/28 through midfield;
(7) Construction of an additional Fuel Farm, (proposed 12,000 gallon above ground storage tank for Jet A fuel);
(8) Modification of Vehicle Parking near Terminal Building; addition of paved parking spots for rental cars and employees;
(9) Construction of a Maintenance Building south of the Terminal Building;
(10) Installation of an Automated Weather Observation Station (AWOS) in midfield;
(11) Installation of a Seasonal Control Tower in north or south corner of Runways 4/22 and 10/28 intersection (a trailer with full surround windows); construct Access Road from Daniel's Hole Road;
(12) Acquisition or control of land use through an easement in the Runway Protection Zones (4 ends, total of 0.71 acres);
(13) Release sites along Industrial Road in southern portion of site for non-aeronautical development;
(14) Reserve site off of Daniel's Hole Road in northern portion of Airport as a future Industrial site.
The project is located at 200 Daniel's Hole Road in Wainscott, Town of East Hampton, New York.
Contact: Jim Brundige, Town of East Hampton, 159 Pantigo Road, East Hampton, NY 11937, Phone: (631) 537-1130, E-mail: email@example.com.
Positive Declaration and Public Scoping
Suffolk County - The Village of Port Jefferson Planning Board, as lead agency, has determined that the proposed Water's Edge Apartment Complex and General Offices may have a significant adverse impact on the environment and a Draft Environmental Impact Statement must be prepared. Written comments on the draft scope will be accepted until October 7, 2010. A public scoping session will be held on September 30, 2010 at 7:00 p.m. at the Port Jefferson Village Hall, 121 West Broadway, Port Jefferson, NY 11777. The action involves a proposal by the applicant, Islander Boat Center, to construct a 3 story, 52 unit apartment complex, general office and parking facilities on a 1.84 acre site. The building will have a gross floor area of 63,089 square feet including a first floor office and open parking garage (35,620 square feet); second floor residential space (29,468 square feet) and third floor residential space (29,466 square feet). The project is located at 217 West Broadway in the Village of Port Jefferson, New York.
Contact: Denise Harrington, Village of Port Jefferson, 88 North Country Road, Port Jefferson, NY 11777, Phone: (631) 473-4744, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.