ENB - Region 4 Notices 03/10/2010
Pursuant to Title 3, Article 49 of the Environmental Conservation Law, the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (NYS DEC) hereby gives public notice of the following:
Notice is hereby given, pursuant to Section 49-0305(9) of the Environmental Conservation Law, of NYS DEC's intent to acquire a Conservation Easement from the City of New York, over certain lands located in the following counties: Dutchess, Putnam, Westchester, Greene, Delaware, Ulster, Schoharie and Sullivan Counties, New York.
These conservation easements are to be acquired, in accordance with the New York City Watershed Memorandum of Agreement dated January 21, 1997, over lands acquired in fee by the City of New York between January 1, 2004 and December 31, 2009.
For further Information contact:
John P. Keating
NYS DEC - Division of Lands and Forests
Bureau of Real Property
625 Broadway, 5th Floor
Albany, NY 12233-4256
Phone: (518) 402-9442
Notice of Acceptance of Final GEIS
Albany County - The University at Albany, State University of New York (SUNY), as lead agency, has accepted a Final Generic Environmental Impact Statement on the proposed University at Albany, SUNY, Capital Project Plan. Copies of the Final GEIS are available on the University at Albany, SUNY web site at: http://www.albany.edu/facilities/dgeis/ and at hard copy repositories located at the University at Albany, SUNY Facilities Management Office and the Main Library on the Uptown Campus, the Guilderland Public Library, and the Hawley Library on the Downtown Campus.
The action involves the development of a Capital Project with a holistic perspective and encompasses the foreseeable capital needs of the Uptown campus over a five year planning horizon. The following list provides a summary of the projects that constitute this Capital Project Plan.
1. Student Housing Project: Construction of new student housing facilities with approximately 500 apartment-style beds.
2. Campus Center Master Plan: Construction of student activity and surge space of approximately 50,000 square foot under roof.
3. Construct New Business School Building: Construct new 90,000 square foot academic facility.
4. Relocate Data Center: Relocate campus Data Center to another site on campus.
5. Implement Various Athletics Improvements: Phase series of improvements to athletics facilities.
6. Purple Path Continuation: Construction of the Purple Path to encircle and incorporate pedestrian and bicycle paths around the perimeter of the Uptown Campus.
7. Northern Landscape Improvement Project: Perform activities consistent with Landscape Master Plan.
8. State Quad Parking Lot Expansion: Add approximately 250 spaces to west side of State Quad parking Lot.
9. Multi-Discipline Science Surge Building: Construction of academic building of approximately 150,000 square foot to facilitate Podium renovations.
10. Service Building Renovation: Add approximately 24,325 square foot addition for vehicle operations, small engine and metal shops.
11. Entry Improvements: Improve entrance aesthetics and safety at Washington Avenue and Western Avenue.
12. Bus Rapid Transit: Based on recommendations in the Harriman - University at Albany, SUNY Linkage Study, locate Bus Rapid Transit stations on campus.
13. Bicycle-Pedestrian Path: Develop a network of paths, improving connections between each quad, the Podium, and the Purple Path.
The project is located on the SUNY Albany Uptown Campus, 1400 Washington Avenue, Albany, New York.
Contact: Errol MIllington, SUNY Albany, 1400 Washington Avenue, Service Building A, Albany, NY 12222, Phone: (518) 442-3400, E-mail: EMillington@uamail.albany.edu.
Notice of Acceptance of Final EIS
Greene County - The Village of Coxsackie Planning Board, as lead agency, has accepted a Final Environmental Impact Statement on the proposed Hamlet on the Hudson Residential Golf Community. A hard copy of the Final EIS is available at the Village Hall, 119 Mansion Street, Coxsackie, NY 12051; Town Hall, 16 Reed Street, Coxsackie, NY 12051 and online at: www.hamletonthehudsoneis.com. The action involves the development of a residential golf community featuring 636 townhouse and villa style housing units ranging in size from 2,145 to 3,050 ± square feet; an 18 hole golf course; a 130,000 ± square foot clubhouse with amenities; a maintenance facility including the existing renovated barn, a 5,675 ± square foot maintenance building, a 525 ± square foot topsoil and bunker sand storage building, a 2,184 square foot fertilizer and chemical storage/mixing building, and miscellaneous outdoor maintenance areas; a manned guard booth at both primary and secondary entrances; and two weather/beverage stations located along the golf course. The clubhouse will contain a 400 seat banquet room, a restaurant, a fitness center, executive offices, and an indoor/outdoor aquatic facility. The development will also include the construction of approximately 28,100 ± linear feet of roadway and associated infrastructure. Annexation from the Town of Coxsackie to the Village of Coxsackie is proposed. The project Site will be serviced by a municipal water supply and an on-site wastewater treatment plan. The project is located on Farm to Market Road in Coxsackie, New York.
Contact: Rocco Cole, Village of Coxsackie, 119 Mansion Street, Coxsackie, NY 12051, (518) 731-2718, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.