ENB - Region 7 Notices 02/24/2010
Cortland County - The Village of Marlboro, as lead agency, has determined that the proposed Marathon Water System will not have a significant adverse environmental impact. The action involves a proposed water system improvement project which includes construction of the following:
- Construction of an approximately 300,000 gallon water storage tank west of Tim Hill Road.
- Demolition of the existing 286,000 gallon water storage tank on Grove Street.
- Construction of a prefabricated pump station on Grove Street, including associated site work and fencing.
- Installation of two (2) prefabricated PRV vaults to separate high and low pressure zones.
- Installation of 4,000 linear feet of 8 inch ductile iron transmission main in the Tim Hill Road area to connect the new water storage tank to the distribution system. Water main is also proposed along Tannery Street and Katie Lane.
- Replacement of 8,500 linear feet of existing 6 inch water main with 8 inch ductile iron transmission main along Galatia Street South and North.
- Installation of a control system for automatic operation of the pump station based on the new water storage level via radio telemetry.
The project is located along Galatia Street, Tim Hill Road, Katie Lane, Tannery Street, Grove Street, Mill Street, and West Main Street (Route 221) in the Village and Town of Marathon, New York.
Contact: John Pitman, Village of Marathon, 18 Tannery Street, P.O. Box 519, Marathon, NY 13803, Phone: (607) 849-3958.