ENB Region 6 Completed Applications 12/30/2009
Revere Copper Products Inc
1 Revere Park
Rome, NY 13440 -5581
Revere Copper Products Inc
One Revere Park
Rome, NY 13440
Permit(s) Applied for:
Article 17 Titles 7 & 8 Industrial SPDES - Surface Discharge
Project is Located:
The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) is pursuing a Department Initiated Modification (DIM) to the State Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (SPDES) Permit (NY0005665), pursuant to 6 NYCRR Part 750-1.18, New York State's Environmental Benefit Permit Strategy (EBPS).
The Revere Copper Products Inc, located in the City of Rome, Oneida County, has a design flow of 0.45 mgd. The wastewater treatment facilities treat process wastewater from copper forming and copper casting operations, including rolling, drawing, extruding, casting, cleaning and sizing. The treatment process consists of chemical addition and precipitation followed by filtration. The facility discharges treated process wastewater, contact cooling water and storm runoff into the Barge Canal, a class C water
The following changes to the permit are proposed:
- Updated permit pages and conditions to reflect current Department guidance, format and nomenclature. Updated permittee, facililty and Discharge Monitoring Report Mailing addresses.
- Deleted references to outfall 009 and 010.
- Add permit limits, levels and monitoring definitions page.
- At outfall 001: Add minimum pH value to allowed range; Add short term high intensity monitoring requirements for copper.
- At outfall 005: Change pH range; decrease effluent limits for chromium, copper, lead, nickel, and oil and grease; Add effluent limit and monitoring requirement for temperature; add action levels and monitoring requirements for bis(2-ethylhexyl) phthlate, and phenol; Add acute and chronic whole effluent toxicity action levels and monitoring requirements.
-Updated monitoring location map.
- Add water diagram.
- Updated Best Management Practice requirements.
Availability of Application Documents:
Filed application documents, and Department draft permits where applicable, are available for inspection during normal business hours at the address of the contact person. To ensure timely service at the time of inspection, it is recommended that an appointment be made with the contact person.
State Environmental Quality Review (SEQR) Determination:
Project is an Unlisted Action and will not have a significant impact on the environment. A Negative Declaration is on file. A coordinated review was not performed.
SEQR Lead Agency: None Designated
State Historic Preservation Act (SHPA) Determination:
The proposed activity is not subject to review in accordance with SHPA. The permit type is exempt or the activity is being reviewed in accordance with federal historic preservation regulations.
This project is not located in a Coastal Management area and is not subject to the Waterfront Revitalization and Coastal Resources Act.
Opportunity for Public Comment:
Comments on this project must be submitted in writing to the Contact Person no later than Jan 29, 2010.
Albany, NY 12233