ENB - Region 6 Notices 10/28/2009
Adirondack Park Agency Completed Applications
Applicant: David and Patricia Hinkle
Office: Adirondack Park Agency (APA)
P.O. Box 99, Route 86
Ray Brook, NY 12977
Phone: (518) 891-4050, ext. 207
APA Contact: Suzanne B. McSherry
APA Project Number: P2009-204
Project Title: David and Patricia Hinkle
Location: Crag Point on Big Moose Lake, Town of Webb, New York.
For Adirondack Park Agency: Comment Period Ends: November 12, 2009
Project Description: The applicants propose construction of a 12 foot by 16 foot (plus stairs) uncovered deck to be attached to the westerly side of a pre-existing single family dwelling located on the shoreline of Big Moose Lake, a lateral expansion. The deck would be partially located within the 75 foot shoreline setback zone and, as such, requires a variance from §806 of the Adirondack Park Agency Act. Agency staff have identified an area wholly outside the setback zone in which a deck of similar size and configuration could be constructed without an Agency variance or permit. A separate notice will be issued for the public hearing which will be held in the Town of Webb.
Oneida County - Oneida County, as lead agency, has determined that the proposed Airport Layout Plan Projects at Griffiss International Airport will not have a significant adverse environmental impact. The action involves a proposal by Oneida County for the following Airport Layout Plan rehabilitation/reconstruction and new construction projects (project) at Griffiss International Airport (RME):
• reconstruction of Apron 4;
• rehabilitation of taxiway & apron pavement; rehabilitate Buildings 41, 131 and maintenance (nose) dock Buildings 783, 784, 785, and 786;
• two acre land acquisition to create auto parking;
• paving Apron B turf areas; construct jet fuel storage facility and a self serve avgas fuel facility;
• construction of the airport access road extension;
• Airport Rescue and Fire Fighting (ARFF)/Snow Removal Equipment (SRE) building expansion;
• construct hangar fire suppression system; construct two 30,000 square foot hangars to address the shortage of aircraft storage and maintenance operations space at the airport; and,
• create a 340,000 square foot hangar development area designated for development of general aviation (GA) and corporate jet hangars to address the shortage of available hangar space at the airport.
These projects are intended to make the Airport financially secure by improving existing infrastructure, thereby encouraging public and private investment for future growth. Continued successful operation and growth of the airport requires existing facilities to be maintained and, in many cases, improved for a commercial airport. In addition, as part of the transition from a military facility to a private airport, there is also a need to address issues such as deficiencies in pavement, fueling, aircraft storage/maintenance space, and parking.
The County received funding from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) to prepare a Draft Environmental Assessment (EA) to assess the potential environmental impacts associated with the proposed Airport Layout Plan projects. This document follows the guidelines and organizational structure recommended in FAA Order 5050.4B, National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) Implementing Instructions for Airport Actions for preparation of an Environmental Assessment and FAA Order 1050.1E, Environmental Policies and Procedures, for the analysis of impacts. The project is located at the Griffiss International Airport, 592 Hangar Road in Rome, New York.
Contact: William F. Applebee, Griffiss International Airport, 592 hangar Road, Rome, NY 13441,Phone: (315) 736-4171.