ENB - Region 8 Notices 9/23/2009
Livingston County - The Town Board of Livonia, as lead agency, has determined that the proposed Amendment to Town of Livonia Zoning Map and Zoning Text will not have a significant adverse environmental impact. The action involves the amendment of the Official Zoning Map to the Town of Livonia as well as Chapter 150 of the zoning text of the Town of Livonia, to create a new zoning district called "Mixed Use Hamlet District". This action will also eliminate a certain zoning district known as the Transitional Development District within the Town of Livonia in the hamlet of South Livonia and the hamlet of Livonia Center, changing such areas and portions of contiguous and adjoining other zoning districts to a new zoning designation of Mixed Use Hamlet District. The project is located in the Town of Livonia, New York.
Contact: Kevin P. Masterson, Town of Livonia, 35 Commercial Street, Livonia, NY 14487, Phone: (585) 346-2098.
Wayne County - The Town of Williamson, as lead agency, has determined that the proposed Wastewater Treatment and Collection System Green Improvements will not have a significant adverse environmental impact. The action involves the following:
1. Replacement of all existing interior/exterior lights with more efficient LED bulbs.
2. Installation of both interior and exterior daylight and occupancy sensors to reduce energy use.
3. Installation of wireless remote monitoring equipment at pump stations with a central monitoring panel to improve water conservation.
4. Retrofit a town vehicle with rechargeable batteries to reduce gas consumption while idling during pipe inspections.
5. Purchase manhole pipe inspection equipment for scheduling maintenance and rehabilitation of pipes.
6. Install 2-3 vertical axis wind turbines on existing light poles and install photovoltaic (PV) panels on south facing roof surfaces to provide clean energy.
7. Install a green roof system on the main control building to regulate temperature, manage storm water runoff, collect rainwater and improve air quality.
8. Install an underground rainwater collection basin which will supply non-potable water for irrigation and cleaning purposes.
9. Install 2-3 geothermal heat pumps in the main control building; effluent will be used as a heat exchange fluid.
10.Purchase dewatering hoppers to reduce the volume of sludge being transported off-site for composting by increasing the overall solids concentration, create an on-site composting trench and rejuvenate the reed beds.
11.Retrofit clarifiers with fixed film modules to increase efficiency and treatment capacity.
The project is located at 7614 Maken Road and 7789 Jay Street in the Town of Williamson, New York.
Contact: John Manahan, Town of Williamson, 7614 Maken Road, Williamson, NY 14589, Phone: (315) 589-9371.