ENB - Region 8 Notices 6/17/2009
Seneca County - The Village of Seneca Falls, as lead agency, has determined that the proposed Seneca Falls Transportation and Trail Enhancement Project will not have a significant adverse environmental impact. The action involves a proposal to construct a transportation and trail enhancement project that will improve safety and ease the flow of pedestrian and bicycle traffic from surrounding neighborhoods into and through the main business district of the Village of Seneca Falls. The project will also facilitate wayfinding to key destinations within the Village for all modes of transportation. Key components of this project include:
• a pedestrian overlook at Elizabeth Cady Stanton Park;
• improvements to the municipal park on Lower Fall Street including construction of a pavilion;
• a bicycle parking area under the Ovid Street Bridge and near the municipal parking lot on the north side of Fall Street adjacent to the bank;
• new sidewalks segments where needed on Lower Fall Street;
• bicycle path signage along Bridge Street and Cowing Street;
• format design, programming and construction of wayfinding signage;
• replacement/reburbishment of all light poles on Fall Street within the project limits;
• replacement of street trees on Fall Street.
The project is located generally within the downtown business district including Fall Street between Mynderse Street and Cayuga Street, Lower Fall Street, Cowing Street, and Bridge Street from the Sculpture Trail to Water Street in the Village of Seneca Falls, New York.
Contact: Connie Sowards, Village of Seneca Falls, Seneca Falls, NY 13148, Phone: (315) 568-8107.