ENB - Region 6 Notices 10/29/2008
Lewis County - The Beaver River Central School District, as lead agency, has determined that the proposed Additions and Alterations to Beaver River Central School District will not have a significant adverse environmental impact. The action involves building renovations and/or additions and athletic field improvements to the existing campus. The project is located at 9508 Artz Road in Beaver Falls, New York.
Contact: Leueen Smithling, Beaver River Central School District, 9508 Artz Road, Beaver Falls, NY 13620, Phone: (315) 346-1211.
Notice of Acceptance of Final SEIS
Herkimer, Lewis, Oneida and St. Lawrence Counties - The Adirondack Park Agency (APA), as lead agency, has accepted a Final Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement on the Adirondack Park Agency Proposed Rule Making. The FSEIS is available at the following:
New York State Adirondack Park Agency
NYS Route 86
Ray Brook, NY 12977
Phone: (518) 891-4050
on line at: www.apa.state.ny.us ("Regulatory Revision" on Home Page provides link to all relevant documents)
The action involves proposed rule making as follows:
(1) Amend 9 NYCRR 570.3 to add a definition for "floor space" [570.3(ag)] and a definition for "square footage of a structure other than a building" [570.3(ah)].
(2) amend 9 NYCRR 570.3(m) to revise definition of "hunting and fishing cabin" .
(3) amend 9 NYCRR 570.3 to add a new definition for "involving wetlands" [570.3(o)], 9 NYCRR 573.3 and 573.4 to clarify wetland subdivision review criteria, 9 NYCRR 573.4(f)(7) related to gifts involving wetlands, and 9 NYCRR 578.3(n) to add a new subsection (3) to clarify the Agency's jurisdiction over a subdivision involving wetlands.
(4) amend 9 NYCRR 575.5(b)(2) to require a variance for expansion of non-conforming structures located within the shoreline setback area, and 9 NYCRR 575.7 to add a new subsection (c) which establishes criteria for replacement of a pre-existing non-conforming on-site wastewater treatment system and a new subsection (d) which establishes variance requirements for certain expansions of non-conforming waste water treatment systems.
(5) repeal 9 NYCRR 573.4(b) related to subdivision of parcels of record with areas separated by rights-of-way owned in fee by another.
The project is located throughout all of New York State's Adirondack Park.
Contact: John S. Banta, Adrondack Park Agency, P.O. Box 99, Route 86, Ray Brook, NY 12977, Phone: (518) 891-4050.