ENB - Region 6 Notices 8/13/2008
Oneida County - The Town of Whitestown, as lead agency, has determined that the Proposed Zoning Ordinance Amendment - AM District will not have a significant adverse environmental impact. The action involves a proposed amendment to the Zoning Ordinance which includes the modification to the Airport Manufacturing (AM) district regulations concerning the height, size, capacity and location of outdoor storage tanks. The project is located at the Oneida County Business Park in Oriskany, New York.
Contact: Charles R. Gibbs II, Town of Whitestown, Phone: (315) 736-1131, E-mail: email@example.com.
Notice of Acceptance of Draft EIS and Public Comment Period
Herkimer, Lewis, Oneida and St. Lawrence Counties - The Adirondack Park Agency (APA), as lead agency, has accepted a Draft Environmental Impact Statement on the proposed Adirondack Park Agency Proposed Rule Making. Written comments on the Draft EIS will be accepted until September 12, 2008 or later (deadline may be extended). The action involves the Proposed rule making:
(1) Amend 9 NYCRR 570.3 to add a definition for "floor space" [570.3(ag)] and a definition for "square footage of a structure other than a building" [570.3(ah)].
(2) amend 9 NYCRR 570.3(m) to revise definition of "hunting and fishing cabin" .
(3) amend 9 NYCRR 570.3 to add a new definition for "involving wetlands" [570.3(o)], 9 NYCRR 573.3 and 573.4 to clarify wetland subdivision review criteria, 9 NYCRR 573.4(f)(7) related to gifts involving wetlands, and 9 NYCRR 578.3(n) to add a new subsection (3) to clarify the Agency's jurisdiction over a subdivision involving wetlands.
(4) amend 9 NYCRR 575.5(b)(2) to require a variance for expansion of non-conforming structures located within the shoreline setback area, and 9 NYCRR 575.7 to add a new subsection (c) which establishes criteria for replacement of a pre-existing non-conforming on-site wastewater treatment system and a new subsection (d) which establishes variance requirements for certain expansions of non-conforming waste water treatment systems.
(5) repeal 9 NYCRR 573.4(b) related to subdivision of parcels of record with areas separated by rights-of-way owned in fee by another.
The project is located throughout all of New York State's Adirondack Park.
Contact: John S. Banta, Adrondack Park Agency, P.O. Box 99, Route 86, Ray Brook, NY 12977, Phone: (518) 891-4050.
Notice of Acceptance of Final SEIS
St. Lawrence County - The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (NYS DEC), as lead agency, has accepted a Final Environmental Impact Statement on the Proposed Amendments to the 2002 Bog River Unit Management Plan. The action involves the finalization of the Environmental Impact Statement to the Amendment to the Bog River Complex Unit Management Plan. NYS DEC proposes to amend the 2002 Bog River Unit Management Plan and Environmental Impact Statement (UMP/EIS) to allow for continued public float plane access to Lows Lake, in the Town of Colton, St. Lawrence County, New York, for a limited period of time and subject to a mandatory permit system that will be established through regulation. Permit restrictions would be designed to minimize user conflicts and resource impacts by controlling the frequency, location of and timing of float plane access into Lows Lake. The Department proposes that the annual permit system be maintained for either (i) a period of ten years, or (ii) until such time as the State or any land conservation organization acquires through fee title, easement or other legally enforceable means the riparian rights for motorized access associated with the last major in-holding on Lows Lake (currently owned by the Hiawatha Council of Boy Scouts), whichever occurs first. The Bog River Complex is located in the Counties of Franklin, Hamilton and St. Lawrence. Lows Lake is located in the Town of Colton, St. Lawrence County.
Contact: Peter Frank, NYS DEC, 625 Broadway, Albany, NY 12233-4254, Phone: (518) 473-9518.