New York Wildfire and Incident Management Academy Announces Availability of 2016 Brochure
The New York Wildfire and Incident Management Academy (NYWIMA) 2016 Academy Brochure is available by visiting the website on the right side of this page.
Registration Information can be found by contacting:
New York Wildfire and Incident Management Academy
624 Old Riverhead Road
Westhampton, New York 11978
(631) 769-1556 or email@example.com
2015 New York Wildfire and Incident Management Academy Concludes
The New York Wildfire and Incident Management Academy (NYWIMA), which ran from October 22 through November 1, 2015 concluded its eighteenth year of operations and has now provided training to more than 7,130 firefighters and emergency response personnel over its existence.
The Central Pine Barrens Commission's Wildfire Task Force conducted the Academy with a consortium of federal, state and county agencies including: (Federal) Bureau of Land Management, National Park Service, United States Coast Guard, United States Forest Service, United States Fish and Wildlife Service; (State) Massachusetts Department of Environmental Management, New Jersey Forest Fire Service, New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC), New York State Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Services (DHSES), New York State Office of Fire Prevention and Control, Stony Brook Southampton College and (City, County and Other Organizations) Fire Department of New York (FDNY), Suffolk County Department of Fire, Rescue, and Emergency Services, and the Colorado Wildfire Academy.
Additional Academy Course Offerings
The Academy has also provided individual training sessions for a variety of large organizations that wanted training for their entire workforce. Courses put on by Academy staff included
- I-300 - Intermediate ICS with NIMS
- S-130/190 - Basic Firefighting and Wildfire Behavior
- S-212 Wildfire Powersaws
- S-215 Fire Operations in the Urban Interface
More information on these individual training programs can be found by calling or e-mailing the Academy.
If you have any questions about future Academy class offerings, or the New York Wildfire and Incident Management Academy, you may e-mail the Academy at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or call directly at 631-769-1556.
More about Wildfire Academy:
- 2016 Fire Academy Information - New York Wildfire and Incident Management Academy
- 2016 Fire Academy Information for Attendees - New York Wildfire and Incident Management Academy
- Wildfire Academy Goals and Objectives - Goals and Objectives of New York Wildfire and Incident Management Academy
- Wildfire Academy Related Links - Long Island Wildfire and Incident Management Academy