Annual Fall Festival at Reinstein Woods
Join us at the 14th Annual Fall Festival!
Saturday, September 20, 2014 from 10 AM to 4 PM
Celebrate fall with nature and environmental organizations, live animals, demonstrations, crafts for kids and more! A $2 donation to Friends of Reinstein Nature Preserve is gratefully requested at the door to cover festival expenses.
13th Annual Fall Festival List of Events and Exhibitors
(check back for updates for the 14th Annual Festival in 2014!)
2013 All Day Events
Enjoy all the festival activities!
- Interactive exhibits from local nature, environmental and historical organizations
- Compete in the Animal Olympics
- Explore the amazing World of the Pond
- Go on a nature scavenger hunt and win a prize
- Live animals
- Food for sale
- Kids: try "snow"shoeing in a winter wildlife exhibit
- Kids can try fly "fishing" too!
- Kids can "build-a-bug" to take home, make bug boxes and butterfly crafts!
- Face painting, costumed characters, and more!
Scoop for critters in Lily Pond!
2013 Special Events
Secret World of Spiders
Explore the exciting lives of spiders in this interactive program! 10:30 AM and 2:00 PM
Musical Performances by Mama Earth
Don't miss this interactive musical show! 11:30 AM and 1:00 PM
The Job of a Forest Ranger featuring Smokey Bear
A DEC Forest Ranger demonstrates forest fire prevention and fire-fighting techniques in this interactive program. Kids can meet Smokey Bear! 12:30 PM and 3:00 PM
Buffalo Zoo Live Animals from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM
Enjoy more than 25 interactive exhibits from nature and environmental organizations!
- Boy Scouts of America (Greater Niagara Frontier Council)
- Buffalo Audubon Society
- Buffalo Geological Society
- Buffalo Zoo
- Burchfield Nature and Art Center
- Cheektowaga Historical Association
- Cheektowaga Police Crime Resistance Unit
- Cheektowaga Youth & Recreation
- Cornell Cooperative Extension 4H Wasp Watcher Program
- DEC Division of Forest Protection
- DEC Division of Lands and Forests
- DEC Division of Law Enforcement
- DEC Division of Fish, Wildlife, and Marine Resource's Bureau of Wildlife
- DEC Great Lakes Program
- Earth Spirit Educational Services
- Erie County Soil & Water Conservation District
- Federation of Fly Fishers- Lake Erie Chapter
- Friends of Reinstein Nature Preserve
- GoBike Buffalo
- Lost Ladybug Project
- Messinger Woods
- New York State Parks Interpretive Program Office
- Niagara Frontier Koi & Pond Club
- Penn Dixie Paleontological & Outdoor Education Center
- PUSH Green
- Tifft Nature Preserve
- U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service
- WNY Emerald Ash Borer Task Force
- WNY Herpetological Society
- WNY Land Conservancy
- WNY Stormwater Coalition/ Erie Co. DEP