Annual Fall Festival at Reinstein Woods
Join us at the 16th Annual Fall Festival on Saturday, September 17, 2016 from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM!
This year's festival features a pollinator theme! Discover the world of the important creatures, from bees to birds, bats, moths and butterflies! A donation to Friends of Reinstein Woods is gratefully requested at the door to cover festival expenses. No registration required.
All Day Events
- Interactive exhibits from local nature, environmental and historical organizations
- Pond Exploration Zone
- Scavenger hunt (win a prize!)
- Make pollinator-themed crafts
- Become a Spill Responder!
- Kids: try "snow"shoeing in a winter wildlife exhibit
- Kids can try fly "fishing" too!
- Live animals
- Food for sale
- Face painting, costumed characters, door prize, and more!
2016 Special Events
Musical Performances by Mama Earth
11:30 AM and 1:00 PM
Duties of a Detector Dog
11:00 AM and 2:00 PM
The Job of A Forest Ranger
The Buzz About Beekeeping!
1:30 and 3:00 PM
Enjoy interactive exhibits from nature and environmental organizations!
- Buffalo Audubon Society
- Buffalo Zoo (10:00 AM to 2:00 PM)
- Cheektowaga Crime Prevention Unit (10:00 AM to 2:00 PM)
- Cheektowaga Historical Association
- Cheektowaga Youth & Recreation Department
- Cornell Cooperative Extension/ WNY EAB Task Force
- Cub Scout Pack 616
- DEC Bureau of Spills Management
- DEC Division of Lands and Forests
- DEC Division of Law Enforcement
- DEC Division of Forest Protection
- DEC Divison of Fish, Wildife & Marine Resources
- DEC Great Lakes Program
- Earth Spirit Educational Services
- Eastern Monarch Butterfly Farm
- Erie County Dept. of Environmental Protection/ WNY Stormwater Coalition
- Erie County Park Rangers
- Erie County Soil & Water Conservation District
- Federation of Fly Fishers- Lake Erie Chapter
- Friends of Reinstein Woods
- Girl Scouts of WNY
- New York Power Authority
- NYS Department of Public Service
- NYS Parks Interpretive Programs Office
- Niagara Frontier Koi & Pond Club
- Niagara Frontier Search & Rescue
- Penn Dixie Paleontological & Outdoor Education Center
- Tifft Nature Preserve
- US Fish & Wildlife Service
- WNY Herpetological Society
- WNY Partnership for Regional Invasive Species Management (PRISM)