Annual Fall Festival at Reinstein Woods
Join us at the 13th Annual Fall Festival!
Saturday, September 28, 2013 from 10 AM to 4 PM
Celebrate fall with more than 25 nature and environmental organizations, live animals, demonstrations, crafts for kids and more! A $2 donation to Friends of Reinstein Nature Preserve is gratefully requested at the door to cover festival expenses.
All Day Events
Enjoy all the festival activities!
- Interactive exhibits from local nature, environmental and historical organizations
- Compete in the Animal Olympics
- Explore the amazing World of the Pond
- Go on a nature scavenger hunt and win a prize
- Live animals
- Food for sale
- Kids: try "snow"shoeing in a winter wildlife exhibit
- Kids can try fly "fishing" too!
- Kids can "build-a-bug" to take home, make bug boxes and butterfly crafts!
- Face painting, costumed characters, and more!
Scoop for critters in Lily Pond!
Secret World of Spiders
Explore the exciting lives of spiders in this interactive program! 10:30 AM and 2:00 PM
Musical Performances by Mama Earth
Don't miss this interactive musical show! 11:30 AM and 1:00 PM
The Job of a Forest Ranger featuring Smokey Bear
A DEC Forest Ranger demonstrates forest fire prevention and fire-fighting techniques in this interactive program. Kids can meet Smokey Bear! 12:30 PM and 3:00 PM
Buffalo Zoo Live Animals from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM
Enjoy more than 25 interactive exhibits from nature and environmental organizations!
- Boy Scouts of America (Greater Niagara Frontier Council)
- Buffalo Audubon Society
- Buffalo Geological Society
- Buffalo Zoo
- Burchfield Nature and Art Center
- Cheektowaga Historical Association
- Cheektowaga Police Crime Resistance Unit
- Cheektowaga Youth & Recreation
- Cornell Cooperative Extension 4H Wasp Watcher Program
- DEC Division of Forest Protection
- DEC Division of Lands and Forests
- DEC Division of Law Enforcement
- DEC Division of Fish, Wildlife, and Marine Resource's Bureau of Wildlife
- DEC Great Lakes Program
- Earth Spirit Educational Services
- Erie County Soil & Water Conservation District
- Federation of Fly Fishers- Lake Erie Chapter
- Friends of Reinstein Nature Preserve
- GoBike Buffalo
- Lost Ladybug Project
- Messinger Woods
- New York State Parks Interpretive Program Office
- Niagara Frontier Koi & Pond Club
- Penn Dixie Paleontological & Outdoor Education Center
- PUSH Green
- Tifft Nature Preserve
- U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service
- WNY Emerald Ash Borer Task Force
- WNY Herpetological Society
- WNY Land Conservancy
- WNY Stormwater Coalition/ Erie Co. DEP