How to Apply to Camp
We appreciate everyone's patience as we diligently worked to set up this system so that we may provide you with a quicker, easy process and better customer service. Starting March 25, you can sign up campers and get your confirmation immediately. We look forward to seeing you at camp!
- Register starting March 25th at 10 AM using our new online registration system
- Camp will run for seven weeks, starting June 30, 2013
- Campers who are 11 may now attend camp (must be minimum age by December 1, 2013). In order to accommodate the younger campers, we have shifted the age groups for the two programs. Youth camp is now for 11-13 years old and Teen Ecology Camp is for 14-17 years old.
- Pack Forest will have five weeks of the 14-17 year old Teen Ecology program (Weeks 1-5)
- Camp Rushford will have two weeks of the 14-17 year old Teen Ecology program (Weeks 4 and 5)
- Visit the new camps Sportsman Education page to learn about the program at camps
- Visit the Camp Weeks page to see what weeks camp runs and what Sportman Education classes are offered at each camp
- The fee for 2013 is once again $350 a week
- Campers may attend more than one session of camp. However, there are no overnight stays on Saturday. If a camper chooses to attend two weeks back to back, they must get picked up Saturday morning and be dropped of the next Sunday afternoon for check in. Each week at camp cost $350; full payment for all weeks is expected at the time of registration.
DEC Campers at a stream
Since space is so limited, interested campers are urged to register early. If campers are attending more than one week of camp, payment for the additional weeks must be be made when the campers is registered.
All four camps, Colby, Pack Forest, DeBruce and Rushford educate youth who are 11 to 13 years old. Pack Forest and Camp Rushford are also open to campers 14 to 17 years old during specific sessions. These older campers will participate in the DEC Teen Ecology Workshop. Campers must be the minimum age by December 1, 2013 in order to attend camp.
The cost of attending a one week session is $350 and includes all meals and trips.
Finding a Sponsor
This page is designed with the camper's parents in mind. If you are the member of a sponsoring organization, please refer to our Sponsoring a Child web page.
Parents who would like their child to be sponsored should bring the program to the attention of an organization in their area. More than 70 percent of DEC campers are sponsored by organizations and groups; however if a sponsoring group is not available, parents may pay for the child's stay at DEC camp.
For more information, please call or write to:
625 Broadway 4th Floor
Albany, NY 12233-4500