How to Register for Camp
DEC camps uses an online registration program to register campers and communicate with families and sponsors during the year. Payment must be made online with either a credit card or e check. Before a camper can be registered, a family account must be set up. You may set up your family account and add campers at any time during the year.
We suggest you set up the account before registration opens, it will save you time during the registration process. All forms, documents and waivers that you need are also available online in your document center.
- The 2017 registration opening date is January 27 at 10 AM. Register using our online registration system
- Camp will run for one week sessions for seven weeks at most camps; Pack Forest will run for eight weeks
- Check-in for camp is between 3:00 PM and 4:00 PM on Sunday
- Camper pickup and closing ceremony is at 4:30 PM on Friday
- Campers who are 11 may now attend camp (must be minimum age by December 1, 2017). In order to accommodate the younger campers, we have shifted the age groups for the two programs. Youth camp is now for 11-13 years old and Teen Ecology Camp is for 14-17 years old.
- Pack Forest will have six weeks of the 14-17 year old Teen Ecology program (Weeks 1-3 and 5-7)
- Camp Rushford will have two weeks of the 14-17 year old Teen Ecology program (Weeks 4 and 5)
- Visit the new camps Sportsman Education page to learn about the program at camps
- Visit the Camp Weeks page to see what weeks camp runs and what Sportsman Education classes are offered at each camp
- Campers may attend more than one session of camp. However, there are no overnight stays over the weekend. If a camper chooses to attend two weeks back to back, they must get picked up Friday at 4:30 PM and be dropped off Sunday afternoon for check in. Each week at camp cost $350; full payment for all weeks is expected at the time of registration.
DEC Campers at a stream
Since space is so limited, interested campers are urged to register early. If there is no space for your camper, you may sign up for the waiting list and you will be contacted if a spot becomes available.
All four camps, Colby, Pack Forest, DeBruce and Rushford educate youth who are 11 to 13 years old. Pack Forest and Camp Rushford are also open to campers 14 to 17 years old during specific sessions. These older campers will participate in the DEC Teen Ecology Workshop. Campers must be the minimum age by December 1, 2017 in order to attend camp.
The cost of attending a one week session is $350 and includes all meals and trips.
Finding a Sponsor
This page is designed with the camper's parents in mind. If you are the member of a sponsoring organization, please refer to our Sponsoring a Child web page.
Parents who would like their child to be sponsored should bring the program to the attention of an organization in their area. More than 70 percent of DEC campers are sponsored by organizations and groups; however if a sponsoring group is not available, parents may pay for the child's stay at DEC camp.
For more information, please call or write to:
625 Broadway 3rd Floor
Albany, NY 12233-5256