Skip to main navigation
Help Stop Climate Change
What can you do?
Ask yourself these questions:
- What is climate change?
- What are some things that I can do to help?
Now learn more!
What is Climate Change?
- Scientific evidence says that the earth's climate is changing.
- The yearly average temperature of New York State is on the rise.
- New York is experiencing this change in numerous ways including:
- The average temperatures in the state are 2 degrees Fahrenheit higher than they were in 1970.
- Plants in New York now bloom as much as 8 days earlier in the spring than they did in 1970.
What you can do:
- Turn off the lights when you leave a room
- Turn off the computer when you are done
- Turn off the TV when your show is over
- Switch to compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs)
- Recycle your plastic, glass, metal and paper
- Reuse items whenever you can
- Buy recycled paper items