Be Cool - Carpool
Ask yourself these questions:
- What is a carpool?
- Where could you go in a carpool?
- Who would be in the carpool?
- Have you ever ridden in a carpool?
Learn more about clean driving!
How to drive your car to reduce the amount of pollutants released and the amount of fuel used and save money!
- Combine trips
- Use public transportation
Improve your driving habits:
- Accelerate smoothly
- Drive at moderate speeds (55 mph vs. 65 mph saves 15% of your gas)
- Avoid idling
Don't overfill your gasoline tank when refueling:
- When it clicks off, stop pumping!
Keep vehicles in good running order with regular maintenance:
- Align wheels
- Check tire pressure
- Change oil as required AND most important
- Buy a less polluting and more fuel-efficient vehicle!