Skip to content
Skip to main navigation
Don't Burn Trash
Ask yourself these questions:
- List four things that you have thrown in the trash in the past week.
- Out of those four things, could any of them have been recycled, reused or composted?
- Does your family illegally burn household trash at home or at camp?
- What could you do with it instead of burning it?
Now learn more!
- Produces smoke that can affect your health, your family's health and your neighbor's health
- Produces smoke that may contain toxic chemicals
- May lead to accidental fires
- It is now illegal to burn household trash
Dispose of your trash responsibly:
- Reduce - avoid excess packaging and buy in bulk
- Reuse - as much as possible, and compost kitchen and yard waste
- Recycle - paper, metal, plastic and glass