WET Activity Guide
What's in the Guide?
The Project WET Curriculum and Activity Guide was written, field tested, and reviewed by hundreds of educators and resource specialists from around the country. It contains 90 innovative, interdisciplinary activities that are incorporated into a variety of formats such as large and small group learning, whole-body activities, laboratory investigations, discussion of local and global topics, and involvement in community service projects. The activity topics include studies of surface water, ground water, water quality, water management, and water conservation. The activities are coded to compliment math, science, social studies, history, language arts, and other subject areas. The activities are suited for use in both formal and non-formal settings.
The Guide Features:
- Classroom ready activities that are easily incorporated into existing curriculum.
- Background information for each activity, including resources to conduct a more in-depth investigation of specific topics.
- Comprehensive cross-reference and planning charts that classify the activities.
- Activity icons to identify the water related concept addressed within the activity.
- A Summary, Objective, and Assessment of each activity.