2016 Fire Academy Information for Attendees
New York Wildfire and Incident Management Academy Offers Basic Firefighting Training and Brush Truck Training in March 2016
The New York Wildfire and Incident Management Academy (NYWIMA) will offer S-130/190 Basic Firefighter and Wildfire Behavior on March 21 - March 25, 2016. NYWIMA will also offer Brush Truck Training / Intro. to Long Island Wildfire Behavior for the Volunteer Fire Service on March 19 and 20 with the driving portion of the course scheduled for March 26, 2016.
Registration Information can be found by contacting:
New York Wildfire and Incident Management Academy
624 Old Riverhead Road
Westhampton, New York 11978
(631) 769-1556 or email@example.com
Additional Academy Course Offerings
The Academy has also provided individual training sessions for a variety of large organizations that wanted training for their entire workforce. Courses put on by Academy staff included
I-300 - Intermediate ICS with NIMS
S-130/190 - Basic Firefighting and Wildfire Behavior
S-212 Wildfire Powersaws
S-215 Fire Operations in the Urban Interface
More information on these individual training programs can be found by calling or e-mailing the Academy.
If you have any questions about future Academy class offerings, or the New York Wildfire and Incident Management Academy, you may e-mail the Academy at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or call directly at 631-769-1556.
More about 2016 Fire Academy Information for Attendees:
- Wildfire Academy Pre-registration - Information to consider before signing up for classes.
- 2015 Fire Academy Required Equipment and Pre-Course Work - Student equipment needs.
- Wildfire Academy Supplemental Information - Additional equipment and pre-course work information.
- 2014 Fire Academy Accommodations - Local area lodging options.