2015 Fall Fire Academy Information for Attendees
Academy Extends 2015 Fall Academy Registration Deadline to October 9
The New York Wildfire and Incident Management Academy (NYWIMA), which ran from October 22 through November 1, 2015 concluded its eighteenth year of operations and has now provided training to more than 7,130 firefighters and emergency response personnel over its existence.
The Central Pine Barrens Commission's Wildfire Task Force conducts the Academy with a consortium of federal, state and county agencies including: (Federal) Brookhaven National Lab, Bureau of Land Management, National Park Service, United States Coast Guard, United States Forest Service, United States Fish and Wildlife Service; (State) Massachusetts Department of Environmental Management, New Jersey Forest Fire Service, New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC), New York State Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Services (DHSES), New York State Office of Fire Prevention and Control, and (City, County and Other Organizations) Fire Department of New York (FDNY), Suffolk County Department of Fire, Rescue, and Emergency Services, and the Colorado Wildfire Academy.
Additional Training Opportunities
The Academy has also provided individual training sessions for a variety of large organizations that wanted training for their entire workforce. Courses put on by Academy staff included
- I-300 - Intermediate ICS with NIMS
- S-130/190 - Basic Firefighting and Wildfire Behavior
- S-212 Wildfire Powersaws
- S-215 Fire Operations in the Urban Interface
More information on these individual training programs can be found by calling or e-mailing the Academy.
If you have any questions about future Academy class offerings, or the New York Wildfire and Incident Management Academy, you may e-mail the Academy at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or call directly at 631-769-1556.
More about 2015 Fall Fire Academy Information for Attendees:
- Wildfire Academy Pre-registration - Information to consider before signing up for classes.
- 2015 Fire Academy Required Equipment and Pre-Course Work - Student equipment needs.
- Wildfire Academy Supplemental Information - Additional equipment and pre-course work information.
- 2014 Fire Academy Accommodations - Local area lodging options.