2014 Fire Academy Information for Attendees
The Fall 2014 New York Wildfire and Incident Management Academy (Academy) brochure is now available by clicking on the link on the right side of this page.
Online registration is now available by clicking on the right side of this page.
Class registrations must be received by the close of business on Tuesday, September 30, 2014. If you have any questions about the 2014 Fall Academy, you may E-Mail the Academy at NYWIMA@pb.state.ny.us or call directly at 631-769-1556. You may also e-mail the Academy at email@example.com
The Central Pine Barrens Commission's Wildfire Task Force conducts the Academy with a consortium of federal, state and county agencies including: (Federal) Brookhaven National Lab, Bureau of Land Management, National Park Service, United States Coast Guard, United States Forest Service, United States Fish and Wildlife Service; (State) Massachusetts Department of Environmental Management, New Jersey Forest Fire Service, New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC), New York State Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Services (DHSES), New York State Office of Fire Prevention and Control, Stony Brook Southampton College and (City, County and Other Organizations) Dowling College, Fire Department of New York (FDNY), Suffolk County Department of Fire, Rescue, and Emergency Services, and the Colorado Wildfire Academy.
Please Note: Due to low enrollment the following classes for the Fall 2014 Academy have been canceled:
- S-290 Intermediate Fire Behavior
- S-300 Extended Attack Incident Commander
- S-390 Intro. To Fire Behavior Calculations
- Session Two Only (October 27) US National Grid for Wide Area Operations. Session One scheduled for October 26 will still be held.
The Academy greatly regrets canceling these classes.
More about 2014 Fire Academy Information for Attendees:
- Wildfire Academy Pre-registration - Information to consider before signing up for classes.
- 2014 Fire Academy Required Equipment and Pre-Course Work - Student equipment needs.
- Wildfire Academy Supplemental Information - Additional equipment and pre-course work information.
- 2014 Fire Academy Accommodations - Local area lodging options.