D E C banner
D E C banner


The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation has added a link to a translation service developed by Microsoft Inc., entitled Bing Translator, as a convenience to visitors to the DEC website who speak languages other than English.

Additional information can be found at DEC's Language Assistance Page.

Sponsoring Youth to Camp

A How-to for Organizations

Pack campers during Hunter Safety
Pack Forest campers during Hunter Safety

What do I do if I do not have a computer or internet access for online registration? If you are a sponsor, ask a member of your organization with a computer and internet access to set up the organization's account using a credit card, e-check or gift card, which are available at many grocery chain stores. You can go to the public library and set up a free e-mail account through AOL, Yahoo, or G-Mail. Once you have the account, you can go on-line to create your account and deposit your funds via e-check or credit card. You do not need to have a computer or home access to the internet. If you have a tablet or smartphone, look for locations with free internet access such as chain restaurants and coffee shops. You can pay via e-check or credit card. If none of these options are available, please contact our staff at 518-402-8014.

Application Guidelines

Since space is so limited, interested campers are urged to register early. If campers are attending more than one week of camp, payment for the additional weeks must be made when the camper is registered.

All four camps, Colby, Pack, DeBruce and Rushford, educate youth who are 11 to 13 years old. Pack Forest and Camp Rushford are also open to campers 14 to 17 years old during specific sessions. These older campers will participate in the DEC Teen Ecology Workshop. Campers must be the minimum age by December 1, 2015 in order to attend camp.

Any organization may sponsor campers. We encourage recreational organizations, sportsmen's clubs, environmental groups, school associations, houses of worship and civic groups to:

  • select a qualified candidate who wants to spend a week at a DEC camp
  • help the camper pay for the camp session
  • invite the camper to a meeting of the organization to recount his or her camp experience.
  • Parents who would like their child to be sponsored should bring the program to the attention of an organization in their area. If a sponsoring group is not available, parents may pay for the child's stay at DEC camp.


This page addresses sponsoring organizations only. If you are the parent of a potential camper, please refer to our How to Apply to Camp web page.

For more information, please call or write to:

625 Broadway 4th Floor
Albany, NY 12233-5256
(518) 402-8014
E-mail: educationcamps@dec.ny.gov
Listserve: Subscribe to GovDelivery

  • Important Links
  • PDF Help
  • For help with PDFs on this page, please call 518-402-8014.
  • Contact for this Page
  • NYSDEC Camps
    625 Broadway
    Albany, NY 12233-5256
    Send us an email
  • This Page Covers
  • Page applies to all NYS regions