Environmental Education on Long Island
DEC Region One's professional education staff offers hands-on, fun, and educational environmental programs on Long Island. We offer environmental science programs to students, scouts, and other members of the public with the goal of engendering a sense of stewardship for our natural resources through environmental education.
With real animal artifacts and NYS curriculum-based topics, your students can learn about a wide variety of science and social issues that affect the environment around their homes. Our school programs offer lessons that coordinate in the state learning standards for Mathematics, Science and Technology.
Programs offered by the staff include:
- environmental presentations in school classrooms
- naturalist-led hikes in local parks and preserves for school groups
- badge-assistant programs for scout groups
- evening presentations for adults and families
- Projects Learning Tree, WET, and WILD instruction for educators
For more information, contact:
Regional Environmental Educator