Semet Residue Ponds Demonstration Work Program 2014
This demonstration program will further evaluate removal, shipment and off-site thermal treatment. The objectives of the Demonstration Program are as follows:
- Refine removal and direct loading process at Ponds 1, 2 and 5 and identify and address constrains to dump trailer and equipment access.
- Evaluate downtime as a result of wind direction and weather conditions over a longer duration of time ( a 17-week period)
- Evaluate scheduling and staging of dump trailers to meet weekly production targets
- Evaluate equipment production rates as a result of various excavation methods and equipment configurations
- Continue to evaluate odor/emission management using spray covers over a longer duration.