LCP Bridge Street Site- 2012 Operation, Maintenance and Monitoring Street
This report details the operation, maintenance and monitoring activities conducted at the LCP Bridge Street site in 2012.
The remediation of the LCP Bridge Street Site involved a combination elements:
- Sewer system closure,
- Mercury removal from soil on the former plant property,
- Excavation of impacted sediments in surrounding areas
- Relocation of excavated soils to the soil/sediment containment area,
- Construction of an underground cutoff wall and low-permeability soil cover over the soil/sediment containment area, and
- Installation of an on-site groundwater collection system.
As part of the project, excavation areas were restored to provide habitats for wading birds, ducks, amphibians, fish, and mammals.
Operation, maintenance and monitoring operations consist of site and equipment maintenance in addition to monitoring of groundwater, sediment, surface water, wetlands, and biota. Upgrades to the site systems are performed as needed.