Hazardous Waste Annual Reports
Notice for New York State Hazardous Waste Large Quantity Generators and Hazardous Waste Treatment, Storage and/or Disposal Facilities
See what's new with the Hazardous Waste Annual Report Instructions and Forms here. Changes for 2012 include:
- Revised Waste Minimization Codes
- Hurricane Sandy Waste Information
IMPORTANT: Sign up through GovDelivery to receive information electronically regarding the Hazardous Waste Management Program.
A Hazardous Waste Report (Report), for each calendar year, is required and must be submitted by large quantity generators and treatment, storage and/or disposal facilities in New York State. The Report must be submitted to and received by the DEC by March 1 of each year.
A separate Report is required for each United States Environmental Protection Agency registered location (site). Generators and facilities are required to submit a Report if, any one of the following criteria applies:
- The site generated in any single calendar month 1,000 kg (2,200 lbs) or more of Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) or New York State hazardous waste; or
- The site generated in any single calendar month, or accumulated at any time more than 1 kg (2.2 lbs) of RCRA acute hazardous waste; or
- The site generated in any single calendar month, or accumulated at any time, more than 100 kg (220 lbs) of spill cleanup material contaminated with RCRA acute hazardous waste; or
- The facility, during the calendar year, treated, stored and/or disposed of RCRA or New York State hazardous waste on-site in units subject to hazardous waste permitting requirements (Part 373); or
- The site generated 15 tons or greater of hazardous waste or hazardous wastewater. Only universal waste is exempt from counting with regard to this requirement. Other exemptions or exclusions to annual hazardous waste reporting do not apply if 15 tons or greater are generated.
Instructions and forms to be completed for the Report can be found below. DEC encourages all parties to submit the forms on-line at http://www.arminc.net. (See the link on the right to "Submitting Report Forms On-Line"). If on-line submission is not an option, the forms can be submitted in paper form. If completed on-line, the Declaration of Electronic Filing must be mailed and received by the deadline. The originator of the Report is required to maintain a copy of the Report submitted for three years. For questions regarding the filing criteria or completion of the Report, please e-mail your questions to the Manifest and Reporting Section or call 518-402-8730 if, e-mailing is not an option.
Where paper forms are being submitted, they must be submitted to the address below and received by March 1.
New York State Department of Environmental Conservation
Division of Environmental Remediation
Bureau of Program Management
Manifest & Reporting Section
625 Broadway, 12th Floor
Albany, NY 12233-7252
Hazardous Waste Reporting Forms
- Instructions and Forms Booklet - 2012 Hazardous Waste Report (PDF) (820 KB, 58 pages)
- Site ID Form - 2012 Hazardous Waste Report (PDF) (58 KB)
- GM Form - 2012 Hazardous Waste Report (PDF) (81 KB)
- WR Form - 2012 Hazardous Waste Report (PDF) (73 KB)
- Instructions and Forms Booklet - 2011 Hazardous Waste Report (PDF) (537 KB, 55 pages)
- Site ID Form - 2011 Hazardous Waste Report (PDF) (58 KB)
- GM Form - 2011 Hazardous Waste Report (PDF) (81 KB)
- WR Form - 2011 Hazardous Waste Report (PDF) (80 KB)
More about Hazardous Waste Annual Reports:
- What's New with the Hazardous Waste Annual Report Instructions and Forms - Updates to the NYS Hazardous Waste Annual Report instructions for 2012
- 2011 Statewide Statistics - Hazardous Waste Generation and Management - Summary information generated from the 2010 Hazardous Waste Reports, presented by Statewide totals and by NYSDEC Region