Skip to main navigation
Information and Application for Businesses
Application Form and Deadline
P2 Intern Application for Businesses (PDF)(110 KB)
What Students Will Do for You
- Assist you on environmental projects that go beyond compliance;
- Work at your company full time during the summer;
- Provide you with a future recruitment opportunity;
- Research and recommend new technologies, product substitutions, recycling or reuse options; and
- Assist with project planning to minimize permitting requirements in sensitive or critical jurisdictional areas, such as wetlands.
What We Ask of You
- Provide a supervisor to work with the student on a daily basis;
- Hire the student;
- Share the cost, contributing $1200 end-of-summer salary bonus; and
- Provide a safe work environment with access to a phone and computer.
What DEC Will Do
- Work with companies to scope out and develop projects;
- Interview and match students with companies;
- Reimburse you for student's salary and expenses, plus 12% on salary to cover fringe costs;
- Conduct a site visit to meet intern and supervisor and discuss project;
- Host an end-of-summer Presentation Day in Albany, mandatory for interns, supervisors are encouraged to attend;
- Prepare a brief case study on project success, subject to editorial approval by your company.