Nitrogen Training Exercises
Use the practice exercises in the right navigation bar to better learn the following information.
- Exercise 1 - This exercise involves showing the forms of nitrogen during different treatment stages. Exercise 1 (PDF) (8 KB)
- Exercise 2 - This exercise involves calculating a minimum required Mean Cell Residence Time (MCRT) for nitrification in an activated sludge treatment plant. Exercise 2 (PDF) (17 KB)
- Exercise 3 - This exercise involves how to calculate an actual MCRT at an activated sludge treatment facility. Exercise 3 (PDF) (14 KB)
- Exercise 4 - This exercise involves calculating a nitrogen balance in a nitrifying and denitrifying activated sludge treatment plant. Exercise 4 (PDF) (26 KB)
- Exercise 5 - This exercise involves troubleshooting a BNR activated sludge treatment facility using given data. Exercise 5 (PDF) (6 KB)
Solutions (Exercises 1-5) (PDF) (49 KB)