Recycling Outreach and Education
From the founding of Earth Day in 1970 by Senator Gaylord Nelson, the United States has come a long way in raising the awareness of the public in environmental issues. New York State has been on the forefront in educating the people of this State in reducing solid waste through recycle, reuse and reduce. To reach our audience, the Department of Environmental Conservation establishes programs, organizes events and provides useful tips to promote these initiatives to the general public as well as the school communities.
More about Recycling Outreach and Education:
- Recycling Events You Can Organize - lots of ways you can make every day Earth Day!
- Waste Reduction, Reuse and Recycling Pamphlets Informational Material Links - Print or order the information you need.
- New York Recycles! - Our way of promoting recycling and buying recycled in New York State.
- Green Schools-Recycling and More - The focus of this webpage is a comprehensive solid waste management program; however, here are areas to consider that will help further your transformation to a Green School.
- Recycling Bulletin - Summarizes the recycling information reported by the New York State planning units.