Environmental Site Database Search
The Division of Environmental Remediation offers access to its cleanup site and spill data in a searchable format. The following information is available:
Environmental Remediation Database Search - This is the main page from which the search applications launch.
- Spill Incidents Database Search has records dating back to 1978 and is updated nightly. This database contains records of chemical and petroleum spill incidents.
- Remedial Site Database Search is updated nightly. This database contains records of the sites being addressed under one of DER's remedial programs - State Superfund, Brownfield Cleanup, Environmental Restoration and Voluntary Cleanup. This database also includes the Registry of Inactive Hazardous Waste Disposal Sites and information on Institutional and Engineering Controls in New York State.
- Bulk Storage Database Search is updated nightly. This database contains records of facilities that are or have been regulated under one of the Bulk Storage Programs - Petroleum Bulk Storage, Chemical Bulk Storage and Major Oil Storage Facility.
More about Environmental Site Database Search:
- Glossary - DEC Spill Incident Terms - List of terms used in records of spill incidents, spill hotline, and DEC spill response.
- Glossary - Site Remediation Terms - Terms used in the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation's Environmental Site Remediation Database.
- Site Classifications - The priority classification definitions for Inactive Hazardous Waste Disposal Site and other remedial sites.
- Definitions - Types of Institutional Controls - Definitions for types of Institutional Controls, including among others, Deed Restriction, Deed Notice, and Environmental Easement.
- Glossary - Bulk Storage Terms - Terms used in the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation's Bulk Storage Facility Database.