CSLAP Training Materials and Forms
- Sampling Protocol (PDF) (1.60 MB)-detailed descriptions of sampling procedures
- Lake Parameter Fact Sheets (PDF) (105 KB)--detailed information about the lake parameters that are collected on CSLAP lakes. The parameters help to evaluate nutrient enrichment and excessive weed and algae growth.
- CSLAP Protocol Quiz (PDF) (1.13 MB)-test your knowledge! Take the quiz to learn more about the sampling protocols and identify areas that need to be reviewed. Please submit your answers and comments to DEC linked in the quiz. This information will help to improve the quiz and training resources for volunteers.
Forms for Participating CSLAP Lakes
These forms are to be used by actively participating CSLAP members conducting scheduled lake assessments assigned by DEC and NYSFOLA. Please see NYSFOLA web page to learn more about how to become a CSLAP volunteer.
CSLAP volunteers observe how to
properly collect secchi disk
- Sampling Record Form (field data) (PDF) (164 KB)
- Sampling Observations Form (PDF) (20.7 KB)
- Volunteer Waiver Form (PDF) (14.4 KB)
- Harmful Algal Bloom (HAB) Assessment Form - Shallow Sample (PDF) (145 KB)
- Harmful Algal Bloom (HAB) Assessment Form - Bloom Sample (PDF) (146 KB)
- Special Studies
Want to become a CSLAP Member?
Please see NYSFOLA webpage to learn more about how your lake association can become involved in CSLAP. Please see "Links Leaving DEC's website".