Waste Transporter Permit - General Conditions
The following are the general permit conditions that are written on the back of each 6NYCRR Part 364 Waste Transporter Permit:
The permittee must:
- Carry a copy of this waste transporter permit in each vehicle to transport waste. Failure to produce a copy of the permit upon request is a violation of the permit.
- Display the full name of the transporter on both sides of each vehicle and display the waste transporter permit number on both sides and rear of each vehicle containing waste. The displayed name and permit number must be in characters at least three inches high and of a color that contrasts sharply with the background.
- Transport waste only in authorized vehicles. An authorized vehicle is one that is listed on this permit.
- Submit to the Department a modification application for additions/deletions to the authorized fleet of vehicles. The permittee must wait for a modified permit to be issued before operating the vehicles identified in the modification application.
- Submit to the Department a modification application to add a new waste category or a new destination facility, or to change the current waste or destination facility category. The permittee must wait for a modified permit before transporting new waste types or transporting to new destination facilities.
- Submit to the Department a modification application for change of address or company name.
- Comply with requirements for placarding and packaging as set forth in New York State Transportation Law as well as any applicable federal rules and regulations.
- Contain all wastes in the vehicle so there is no leaking, blowing, or other discharge of waste.
- Use vehicles to transport only materials not intended for human or animal consumption unless the vehicle is properly cleaned.
- Comply with requirements for manifesting hazardous waste, regulated medical waste, or low-level radioactive waste as set forth in the New York State Environmental Conservation Law and the implementing regulations.
- Deliver waste only to transfer, storage, treatment and disposal facilities authorized to accept such waste. Permittee must demonstrate that facilities are so authorized if requested to do so.
- Maintain liability insurance as required by New York State Environmental Conservation Law.
- Maintain records of the amount of each waste type transported to each destination facility on a calendar year basis. The transporter is obligated to provide a report of this information to the Department at the time of permit renewal, or to any law enforcement officer, if requested to do so.
- Pay regulatory fees on an annual basis. Non-payment may be cause for revocation or suspension of permit. This permit is not transferrable. A change of ownership will invalidate this permit. This permit does not relieve the permittee from the obligation to obtain any other approvals or permits, or from complying with any other applicable federal, state, or local requirement.
- Renewal applications must be submitted no less than 30 days prior to the expiration date of the permit to:
New York State Department of Environmental Conservation
Division of Environmental Remediation, Waste Transporter Program
625 Broadway, 11th Floor
Albany, NY 12233-7020