Resources for TMDL Development
Note: All links on this page are links leaving DEC's website and will take you to non-DEC webpages.
The links on this page connect to webpages that have information about developing Total Maximum Daily Load (TMDL) elements.
Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) TMDL Resources
- 303(d) TMDL Development Guidance -- General guidelines to follow when developing TMDL elements.
- Guidelines for Reviewing TMDLs Under Existing Regulations Issued in 1992 -- Specific guidelines to follow when developing a TMDL for EPA approval.
- Guidance for Water Quality-Based Decisions: The TMDL Process -- A guide through the TMDL process.
- Examples of Approved TMDLs -- Sample TMDLs developed for various pollutants.
- Technical Support Documents -- List of technical support documents to assist with the development of TMDLs.
- Handbook for Developing Watershed Plans to Restore and Protect Our Waters -- General guide to developing watershed plans.
Additional TMDL Resources
- Total Maximum Daily Loads -- TMDL development information from the Association of State and Interstate Water Pollution Control Administrators (ASIWPCA).
- Third-Party TMDL Development Tool Kit -- TMDL development information from the Water Environment Federation (WEF).