MSGP Impaired Waterbody Reference Table (PDF) (158 KB) - This table lists the impaired waterbodies throughout New York State that are specific to the MSGP Permit. The waterbodies are listed in alphabetic order with the designated pollutant(s) of concern causing the impairment.
Map of Permitted MSGP Facilities--Map of Permitted SPDES Multi-Sector General Permit for Stormwater Discharges Associated with Industrial Activity (leaves DEC's website) shows the locations of facilities permitted under the MSGP and facilities that have a Conditional Exclusion for No Exposure. The map information includes: facility address, the location of the stormwater pollution prevention plan (SWPPP), receiving waterbody, and sector. The information used to generate the map was provided by the facilities. The map only displays the location of facilities that have gained coverage under the new GP-0-12-001 that became effective on October 1, 2012. Facilities have 90 days from the effective date to submit the new NOI; the map will be updated as NOIs are submitted.
Google Earth map of Impaired Waterbodies Applicable to MSGP--The map of Impaired Waterbodies Applicable to MSGP shows impaired waterbodies on the 303(d) list or in a watershed for which a TMDL has been developed. These waterbodies are subject to additional requirements in the SPDES Multi-Sector General Permit. The map may be used to help facilities answer question 6(a) on the Notice of Intent. In addition, the map may be used to determine the facilities geographic coordinates to complete question 7 on the Notice of Intent.
Map of Impaired Waterbodies Applicable to MSGP Instructions (PDF, 1.8 MB)--This document provides guidance on how to download Google Earth and instructions on how to answer questions 6(a) and 7 on the Notice of Intent using the map of Impaired Waterbodies Applicable to MSGP in the Google Earth application.
EPA MyWATERS Mapper--The EPA MyWATERS Mapper can be used to determine the nearest surface waterbody(ies) which your facility's site runoff will discharge to. The map can be used to help facilities to answer question 3 on the Notice of Intent. The link to EPA MyWATERS Mapper is located in the right hand column under "Links Leaving DEC's Website".
Discharge Monitoring Reports (DMR)
Instructions for completing DMRs (PDF) (465 KB) - Instructions for completing DMRs.
No Exposure Information
No Exposure Certification form (PDF) - 2005 (47 KB)
EPA No Exposure Guidance - a link to EPA's No Exposure Guidance is located on the right hand side of this page.
Use the links on the right hand side of the page to access the following resources:
Identify/Confirm Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) Code
- OSHA SIC System Search - OSHA Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) Code System Search
Developing a Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan
- EPA MSGP Web Page - EPA's MSGP SWPPP Template and Additional Documentation Template
- EPA Industrial Fact Sheets - EPA's Industrial Fact Sheet Series
- EPA Industrial BMP Publication - Storm Water Management for Industrial Activities: Developing Pollution Prevention Plans and Best Management Practices 1992 EPA Publication Number 832R92006
Learn to Collect Stormwater Samples
- How To Do Stormwater Sampling - A guide for industrial facilities - A concise and straight forward guide to collection of stormwater samples from Washington State Department of Ecology
- NPDES Storm Water Sampling Guidance Document - EPA 832-B-09-003
Find an NYS Approved Laboratory
- ELAP Laboratories - Link to NYS Department of Health Wadsworth Center's NYS Environmental Laboratory Approval Program (ELAP) certified laboratories by county
Resources for Marinas
- EPA Marina Topics - EPA's Compliance assistance web page for marinas
- Sea Grant Marina BMPs - Stormwater Runoff Best Management Practices for Marinas - A Guide for Operators by Northeast Sea Grant Extension Program
Questions regarding the content of the general permit can be directed to the following individual:
Steven McCague, P.E.
Bureau of Water Permits - Stormwater General Permit Section
625 Broadway - 4th Floor
Albany, NY 12233-3505
Email the Bureau of Water Permits