Contaminated Sites Email Listservs
The DEC's Division of Environmental Remediation is committed to informing and involving the public during the investigation and cleanup of contaminated sites being addressed under the State's various remedial programs. As a listserv member, you will periodically receive site-related information/announcements for all contaminated sites in the counties you select.
DEC invites you to receive site information by email by signing up through the GovDelivery service in the box below. It's quick, it's free, and it will help keep you better informed.
How To Sign Up
Sign up for one or more contaminated sites county listservs and have site information sent right to your email inbox.
- Enter your email address in the box below and click "Submit."
- You will be taken to the GovDelivery "New Subscriber page." Here you will confirm your email, select how frequently you'd like to receive updates and choose a password (optional). Once you have done this, click "submit"
- You will see all the topics that you can subscribe to. Scroll down to the bottom of the list to the category "Environmental Site Cleanup and Permitting Information by County"
- Click on the + sign in the small box next to the category to expand it to see all the counties
- Click the box by the county name to select it. You may select as many counties as you want. Click the box again to un-select a county.
- In the last step, you will be asked to give your zip code. Enter it and click "submit."
You will get a email back from GovDelivery listing all the county listservs that you have subscribed to.
What Are the Benefits?
- You will receive site information quickly and can share it easily with others.
- You will receive information about all sites in a chosen county.
- It helps the environment by reducing our "carbon footprint."
- It helps to stretch taxpayer dollars by reducing labor, paper, and postage.
What Programs Are Involved?
DEC provides fact sheets and other information about the investigation and cleanup of contaminated sites addressed under the following State remedial programs:
- State Superfund Program (Inactive Hazardous Waste Disposal Site Remedial Program)
- Brownfield Cleanup Program
- Environmental Restoration Program
- Voluntary Cleanup Program
What Sites Are Involved?
Not sure if there are any sites of interest to you? You can search DEC's environmental site remediation database by address, county, program, and type of site to find out. You need to know the county or counties in which your sites of interest are located, because you will sign up on these listservs by county.
More about Contaminated Sites Email Listservs :
- E-Citizen Participation Initiative Questions and Answers - Distributing citizen participation information about contaminated sites electronically by way of county email listservs