Hazardous Waste Manifesting Training Material
Introduction and Table of Contents
The following web pages have been designed to offer the reader a set of instructions for the proper completion of a Uniform Hazardous Waste Manifest form, as well as a description of State and federal reporting requirements. Also included is information on hazardous waste generator status, exception and discrepancy reporting, training requirements and contact information.
While the following chapters contain regulatory requirements relating to hazardous waste manifesting, this is not the actual regulatory text. Individuals needing the regulatory instructions for completing a hazardous waste manifest form should read Part 372, Appendix 30. Further, the complete set of regulations for hazardous waste management can be found in 6 NYCRR Parts 370, 371, 372, 373, 374 and 376.
- Chapter 1: The Hazardous Waste Manifest System and Who Needs to Use the Manifest Form and General Information
- Chapter 2: Generator Status, CESQG, SQG and LQG Regulatory Definitions
- Chapter 3: Manifest Form Usage, Generator, Transporter and TSDF Responsibilities, and Form Distribution and Record Keeping Requirements
- Chapter 4: Detailed Manifest Form Instructions, Obtaining and Submitting Forms
- Chapter 5: When Things Don't Go Right: Generator Exception Reporting and TSDF Discrepancy Reporting, Including Rejected Shipment and Unmanifested Waste Reports
- Chapter 6: Overview of USEPA, Federal RCRA Regulations and NYSDEC Part 370 Series
- Chapter 7: Regulatory Training Requirements
- Chapter 8: NYSDEC and USEPA Contact Information
- Chapter 9: Related Topics