Instructions for Filing Your Hazardous Waste Report Electronically
The American Resource Management website is designed for ease of use and is set up to file your report similar to completing a hard copy. Please report any problems with the site to the reporting section, 518-402-8730 or HazardousReport@dec.ny.gov. You may enter this site as many times as necessary to complete your report. You do not have to complete the report in one login session. Be certain to save your forms as you complete them so as to avoid losing any data. You may edit any data on the report until the report is submitted to the Department.
On the main page of the website, click on Easitrak 2015. This will take you to the registration page where you must register each year.
- On the registration page, enter the site's EPA ID Number, Company Name, Email address and password.
- Be sure to answer all of the security questions that will be used for login in and when submitting your data.
- Click on the 'Submit' button.
- Be sure to note passwords and security questions as they do not change from year to year.
The next screen is for report services and has links at the top of the page for each segment of the report to be completed (i.e. Form SI, Form GM, Form WR).
Completing Required Forms
- The Form SI link will take you through the input screens for the Site Identification (SI) form. Separate links can be found at the top of the page for each section of this form. If you click on a section and complete that section, clicking on the 'next' button will automatically take you to the next section to be completed. Lookup tables are available throughout the form with a 'hand' symbol to assist you in selecting the correct codes for individual sections of the forms.
- For site name in the SI Form, please include your company's name, e.g. National Grid facility A, or agency's name, e.g. NYSDOT bridge bin B, etc.
- For site name and addresses in the SI Form, please do not include any punctuation or special characters (except hyphen -, ampersand &). Please do not check any of the Subpart K boxes for Eligible Academic Entities with Laboratories managing laboratory hazardous wastes, since this option is not available for use in NY at this time.
- The Form GM link will take you through the input screens for adding the information for waste generation and management (GM). Again, by clicking on the 'hand' symbol next to individual boxes, lookup tables are available to assist in selecting the correct codes.
- The Form WR link is only for reporting any waste received (WR) from offsite facilities.
Submitting Your Report
Once the report is completed, click on the 'Reports' link to find selections for submitting your report.
- In order to submit your data to the Department, click on the 'Submit' link at the top of the page. You will have the option to run an electronic data checker that will verify the data entered.
- Once all entered data is verified (and any errors resolved), click on the 'Submit' link again.
- You will be asked one of the security questions to verify you are authorized to submit the report. Answering the question correctly will submit the data.
- Next you should print the 'Declaration of Electronic Filing. This form must be printed, signed and forwarded to NYSDEC after the report is submitted electronically.
- Depending on your browser, pop-up blockers may need to be turned off (or click to 'Allow pop-ups') or your Declaration may not print.