BCP Certificate of Completion Information Session Presentations
Held April 19, 2016 in Albany, New York
In an effort to facilitate the timely issuance of Certificates of Completion (COC) for sites in DEC's Brownfield Cleanup Program (BCP), the Division of Environmental Remediation and the Office of General Counsel held an informational session for BCP Applicants and their representatives on April 19, 2016.
The session provided an overview of the technical and legal requirements for the final stages and post-construction phase of the remedial process as well as the templates that are available to download. Staff shared lessons learned from prior years experiences that provided valuable insight into navigating the site to remedial closure. The process of obtaining a COC was discussed as well as clearly defined milestones necessary to obtain a COC by December 31, 2016. Failure to make submissions consistent with the guidelines may result in the delay of Brownfield Tax Credits.
PDF versions of the presentations from the conference are available below:
- Certificate of Completion Process and Milestones (PDF) (511 KB) (Note: this presentation includes milestone dates in the COC process)
- Site Management Plan (PDF) (650 KB)
- Calendar Call Meetings (PDF) (119 KB)
- Environmental Easements (PDF) (118 KB)
- Lessons Learned (PDF) (446 KB)
- Brownfield Cleanup Agreement Amendments and Post-COC Obligations (PDF) (513 KB)
- Backfill and Soil Cover Material (PDF) (61 KB)
Information on recent reforms to the Brownfield Cleanup Program can be found here. Questions or comments on the session should be submitted to the Division of Environmental Remediation.