BCP Certificate of Completion Information Session Presentations
Held April 3, 2014 in Albany, New York
In an effort to facilitate the timely issuance of Certificates of Completion (COC) for sites in DEC's Brownfield Cleanup Program (BCP), the Division of Environmental Remediation and the Office of General Counsel held an informational session for BCP Applicants and their representatives on April 3, 2014.
The session provided an overview of the technical and legal requirements for the final stages and post-construction phase of the remedial process as well as the templates that are available to download from this website for preparation of Site Management Plans and Final Engineering Reports. Staff shared lessons learned from prior years experiences that provided valuable insight into navigating the site to remedial closure. The process of obtaining a COC was discussed and clearly defined the milestones necessary to obtain a COC by December 31, 2014. Failure to make submissions consistent with the guidelines may result in the delay of the Brownfield Tax Credits.
PDF versions of the PowerPoint presentations from the conference are available below:
- Certificate of Completion Process (PDF) (681 KB) (Note: this presentation includes milestone dates in the COC process)
- Site Management Plan (PDF) (468 KB)
- Calendar Call Meetings (PDF) (36 KB)
- Environmental Easements (PDF) (190 KB)
- Lessons Learned (PDF) (43 KB)
- Re-Occurring Issues (PDF) (392 KB)
- Backfill and Soil Cover Material: Availability of Amended Dredge Material (PDF) (1.57 MB)
Questions or comments on the session should be submitted to the Division of Environmental Remediation.