Review and Approval Process of a Local Solid Waste Management Plan (LSWMP)
- Submits a draft LSWMP to the Department.
- Reviews the draft LSWMP to determine whether it effectively addresses all matters required by 6 NYCRR Part 360-15.9.
- Makes comments, identify the matters in which the draft LSWMP is deficient, and sends an official comment letter to the planning unit.
- Addresses the comments and improves the LSWMP. More than one round of comments and revisions may occur to the draft LSWMP.
Adoption of LSWMP
- Notifies the planning unit of its intent to approve the plan, once the draft LSWMP addresses all the elements required by 6 NYCRR Part 360-15.9.
- Releases the draft LSWMP for public comment.
- Responds to comments, makes changes as necessary, and submits the draft LSWMP to the Department for review and approval.
- Responds to changes as appropriate. More than one round of public comments and revisions may occur to the draft LSWMP.
- Issues a formal resolution of adoption and implementation of the LSWMP.
Local Solid Waste Management Plan (LSWMP) Compliance