Geddes Brook Ninemile Creek OU1 Proposed Plan
The Geddes Brook/Ninemile Creek Remedial Investigation and Feasibility Study (RI/FS) reports, and this (Geddes Brook Ninemile Creek OU1 Proposed Plan, see links below) have been made available to the community for a public comment period which begins on November 19, 2008 and concludes on January 2, 2009. This Proposed Plan describes the remedial alternatives considered for Operable Unit 1 (OU1) of the Geddes Brook/Ninemile Creek site, which has been a source of contamination to Onondaga Lake, and identifies the preferred remedy, as well as the rationale for this preference. Geddes Brook, Ninemile Creek, and Onondaga Lake are located in Onondaga County.
On December 10, 2008, NYSDEC and EPA will hold a public meeting at 7 P.M. and answer questions regarding the proposed cleanup plan. The meeting will be held to present the conclusions of the RI/FS, to elaborate further on the reasons for recommending the preferred remedy, and to receive public comments. The public meeting will take place at the Martha Eddy Room in the Art and Home Center at the New York State Fairgrounds.
Comments received at the public meeting, as well as written comments, will be documented in the "Responsiveness Summary" section of the Record of Decision (ROD), the document which formalizes the selection of the remedy. NYSDEC and EPA will accept comments postmarked on/or before January 2, 2009 or sent via email and received on/or before January 2, 2009.
The Geddes Brook Ninemile Creek OU1 Proposed Plan, dated November 19, 2008, is available in 7 parts:
- Text and Tables (125 Page PDF, 1 MB)
- Figures 1-5 (5 Page PDF, 650 KB)
- Figure 6a (1 Page PDF, 800 KB)
- Figure 6b (1 Page PDF, 700 KB)
- Figures 6c-9 (4 Page PDF, 700 KB)
- Figures 10-16 (7 Page PDF, 1.1 MB)
- Figures 17-18 (2 Page PDF, 550 KB)
Other Available Documents:
- October 2008 Engineering Evaluation/Cost Analysis Geddes Brook Interim Remedial Measure (66 Page PDF, 1.1 MB)
- November 2008 Fact Sheet - Proposed Response Action - Geddes Brook Interim Remedial Measure (3 Page PDF, 300 KB)
- November 2008 Fact Sheet - Proposed Plan OU1 Geddes Brook/Ninemile Creek (2 Page PDF, 150 KB)
- November 2008 Superfund Proposed Response Action Document - Geddes Brook IRM (8 Page PDF, 200 KB)