Black River WI/PWL
This is the most current Waterbody Inventory/Priority Waterbodies List (WI/PWL) water quality assessment information for the waters of the Black River Basin. The assessments are based on data and information collected through the 2006 NYSDEC sampling season. Individual assessment Fact Sheets for some waterbodies may have been subsequently updated where appropriate to reflect more recent information.
In order to ease viewing/downloading, this information has been segmented into separate smaller files. Individual waterbody Fact Sheets are grouped together by smaller watershed (10-digit Hydrologic Unit Code, or HUC10 Watershed). Use the map and HUC10 index below to find, view and download the water quality assessment information for the waterbody of interest to you.
A summary assessment of overall water quality in the Black River Basin was completed in May 2007. This basin summary may not reflect more recent reassessment of some individual waterbodies.
Black River Basin HUC 10 Watersheds
Black River, North Sub-Basin
- 0415010114 Black River/White Creek Watershed (PDF, 228 KB)
- 0415010113 Black River/Swiss Creek Watershed (PDF, 73 KB)
- 0415010112 Deer River Watershed (PDF, 171 KB)
- 0415010111 Lower Beaver River Watershed (PDF, 281 KB)
- 0415010110 Upper Beaver River Watershed (PDF, 256 KB)
Black River, Middle Sub-Basin
- 0415010109 Black River/Mill Creek Waterhed (PDF, 188 KB)
- 0415010108 Black River/Otter Creek Watershed (PDF, 227 KB)
- 0415010107 Independence River Watershed (PDF, 192 KB)
- 0415010106 Lower Moose River Watershed (PDF, 160 KB)
- 0415010105 North Branch Moose River Watershed (PDF, 253 KB)
- 0415010104 South Branch Moose River Watershed (PDF, 224 KB)
Black River, South Sub-Basin
- 0415010103 Black River/Sugar River Watershed (PDF, 225 KB)
- 0415010102 Woodhull Creek Watershed (PDF, 167 KB)
- 0415010101 Black River Headwaters Watershed (PDF, 187 KB)
Assessment Methodology (pdf, 134 kb)
WI/PWL Data Sheet Definitions (pdf, 84 kb)
Index of Waterbodies (pdf, 99 kb) - Alphabetically and by county.
Black River Basin Assessment
The most recent summary assessment of overall water quality in the entire Black River Basin was completed in May 2007. This basin summary may not reflect more recent reassessment of some individual waterbodies.
Basin Assessment (pdf, 994 kb) - Includes a brief summary of water quality in the entire basin.
Water Quality Assessment Map (pdf, 1,192 kb)
Previous WI/PWL Reports
The previous (May 2007) WI/PWL Report for the Black River Basin (PDF, 3.26 MB) is also available.
For additional information and answers to questions about this water quality assessment, please use the contact information at the right to reach us by e-mail, phone or in writing.