Lake Champlain WI/PWL
This is most current Waterbody Inventory/Priority Waterbodies List (WI/PWL) water quality assessment information for the waters of the Lake Champlain Basin. The assessments are based on data and information collected through the 2008 NYSDEC sampling season. Individual assessment Fact Sheets for some waterbodies may have been subsequently updated where appropriate to reflect more recent information.
In order to ease viewing/downloading, this information has been segmented into separate smaller files. Individual waterbody segment Fact Sheets are grouped together by smaller watershed (10-digit Hydrologic Unit Code, or HUC10 Watershed). Use the map and HUC10 index below to find, view and download the water quality assessment information for the waterbody of interest to you.
A summary assessment of overall water quality in the Lake Champlain Basin was completed in July 2009. This basin summary may not reflect more recent reassessment of some individual waterbodies.
Lake Champlain Basin HUC10 Watersheds
Lake Champlain Sub-Basin
- 0415040816 - Lake Champlain Watershed (PDF, 251 KB)
- 0415040815 - Great Chazy River Watershed (PDF, 212 KB)
- 0415040814 - Salmon River Watershed (PDF, 163 KB)
- 0415040813 - Little Ausable River Watershed (PDF, 165 KB)
- 0415040807 - Bouquet River Watershed (PDF, 251 KB)
- 0415040806 - Lake Champlain/Northwest Bay Watershed (PDF, 167 KB)
- 0415040803 - Lake Champlain/Putnam Creek Watershed (PDF, 220 KB)
- 0415040802 - Lake George-LaChute Watershed (PDF, 310 KB)
- 0415040801 - Lake Champlain/South Bay Watershed (PDF, 183 KB)
Saranac River Sub-Basin
- 0415040605 - Saranac River Watershed (PDF, 203 KB)
- 0415040604 - Saranac River/Union Falls Pond Watershed (PDF, 165 KB)
- 0415040603 - North Branch Saranac River Watershed (PDF, 196 KB)
- 0415040602 - Saranac River/Sumner Brook Watershed (PDF, 162 KB)
- 0415040601 - Saranac River/Saranac Lakes Watershed (PDF, 258 KB)
Ausable River Sub-Basin
- 0415040403 - Ausable River Watershed (PDF, 163 KB)
- 0415040402 - West Branch Ausable River Watershed (PDF, 212 KB)
- 0415040401 - East Branch Ausable River Watershed (PDF, 202 KB)
Mettawee River Sub-Basin
- 0415040103 Poultney River Watershed (PDF, 153 KB)
- 0415040102 Mettawee River Watershed (PDF, 170 KB)
- 0415040101 Halfway Creek-Lake Champlain Canal Watershed (PDF, 214 KB)
All Appendices (PDF) (318 KB) - Includes Assessment Methodology, WI/PWL Data Sheet Information and Waterbody Index.
Lake Champlain Basin Assessment
The most recent summary assessment of overall water quality in the entire Lake Champlain Basin was completed in July 2009. This basin summary may not reflect subsequent assessment of some individual waterbodies.
Water Quality Assessment (PDF, 3.19 MB) - Includes a brief summary of water quality in the entire basin.
Additional overview and water quality information about the Basin is available on the Lake Champlain Watershed page.
Previous WI/PWL Reports
The previous (July 2009) WI/PWL Report for The Lake Champlain Basin (PDF, 5.16 MB) is also available.
For additional information and answers to questions about this water quality assessment, please use the contact information at the right to reach us by e-mail, phone or in writing.