Mohawk River WI/PWL
This is the most current Waterbody Inventory/Priority Waterbodies List (WI/PWL) water quality assessment information for the waters of the Mohawk River Basin. The assessments are based on data and information collected through the 2009 NYSDEC sampling season. Individual assessment Fact Sheets for some waterbodies may have been subsequently updated where appropriate to reflect more recent information.
In order to ease viewing/downloading, this information has been segmented into separate smaller files. Individual water body segment Fact Sheets are grouped together by smaller watershed (10-digit Hydrologic Unit Code, or HUC10 Watershed). Use the map and HUC10 index below to find, view and download the water quality assessment information for the waterbody of interest to you.
A summary assessment of overall water quality in the Mohawk River Basin was completed in July 2010. This basin summary may not reflect more recent reassessment of some individual waterbodies.
Mohawk River Basin HUC10 Watersheds
Mohawk River Sub-Basin
- 0202000401 - Mohawk/Delta Reservoir Watershed (PDF, 119 KB)
- 0202000402 - Oriskany Creek Watershed (PDF, 131 KB)
- 0202000403 - Mohawk/Ninemile Creek Watershed (PDF, 262 KB)
- 0202000404 - Upper West Canada Creek Watershed (PDF, 135 KB)
- 0202000405 - Middle West Canada Creek Watershed (PDF, 162 KB)
- 0202000406 - Lower West Canada Creek Watershed (PDF, 142 KB)
- 0202000407 - Mohawk/Nowadaga Creek Watershed (PDF, 177 KB)
- 0202000408 - East Canada Creek Watershed (PDF, 243 KB)
- 0202000409 - Mohawk/Canajoharie Creek Watershed (PDF, 217 KB)
- 0202000410 - Mohawk/Cayadutta Creek Watershed (PDF, 170 KB)
- 0202000411 - Mohawk/Alplaus Kill Watershed (PDF, 298 KB)
Schoharie Creek Sub-Basin
- 0202000507 - Schoharie/Fly Creek Watershed (PDF, 97 KB)
- 0202000506 - Cobleskill Creek Watershed (PDF, 132 KB)
- 0202000505 - Fox Creek Watershed (PDF, 117 KB)
- 0202000504 - Schoharie/Panther Creek Watershed (PDF, 110 KB)
- 0202000503 - Schoharie/West Kill Watershed (PDF, 115 KB)
- 0202000502 - Schoharie/Batavia Kill Watershed (PDF, 144 KB)
- 0202000501 - Schoharie/East Kill Watershed (PDF, 127 KB)
All Appendices (PDF, 376 KB) - Includes Assessment Methodology, WI/PWL Data Sheet Information and Index of Waterbodies.
Mohawk River Basin Assessment
The most recent summary assessment of overall water quality in the entire Mohawk Basin was completed in July 2010. This basin summary may not reflect subsequent assessment of some individual waterbodies.
Basin Assessment (PDF, 287 KB) - Includes a brief summary of water quality in the entire basin.
Additional overview and water quality information about the Basin is available on the Mohawk River Watershed page.
Previous WI/PWL Reports
The previous (July 2010) WI/PWL Report for the Mohawk River Basin (PDF, 3.6 MB) is also available.
For additional information and answers to questions about this water quality assessment, please use the contact information at the right to reach us by e-mail, phone or in writing.