Oswego River/Finger Lakes WI/PWL
This is the most current Waterbody Inventory/Priority Waterbodies List (WI/PWL) water quality assessment information for the waters of the Oswego River/Finger Lakes Basin. The assessments are based on data and information collected through the 2007 NYSDEC sampling season. Individual assessment Fact Sheets for some waterbodies may have been subsequently updated where appropriate to reflect more recent information.
In order to ease viewing/downloading, this information has been segmented into separate smaller files. Individual water body segment Fact Sheets are grouped together by smaller watershed (10-digit Hydrologic Unit Code, or HUC10 Watershed). Use the map and HUC10 index below to find, view and download the water quality assessment information for the waterbody of interest to you.
A summary assessment of overall water quality in the Oswego River/Finger Lakes Basin was completed in February 2008. This basin summary may not reflect more recent reassessment of some individual waterbodies.
Oswego River/Finger Lakes Basin (East) HUC10 Watershed
Oswego River Sub-Basin
- 0414020302 - Oswego River Watershed (132 KB PDF)
- 0414020301 - Oswego/Ox Creek Watershed (117 KB PDF)
Oneida River Sub-Basin
- 0414020209 - Oneida River Watershed (130 KB PDF)
- 0414020208 - Oneida Lake Watershed (138 KB PDF)
- 0414020207 - Chittenango Creek Watershed (148 KB PDF)
- 0414020206 - Limestone Creek Watershed (124 KB PDF)
- 0414020205 - Canaseraga Creek Watershed (145 KB PDF)
- 0414020204 - Oneida Creek Watershed (124 KB PDF)
- 0414020203 - Wood Creek Watershed (129 KB PDF)
- 0414020202 - West Branch Fish Creek Watershed (122 KB PDF)
- 0414020201 - East Branch Fish Creek Watershed (KB PDF)
Oswego River/Finger Lakes Basin (West) HUC10 Watersheds
Seneca River Sub-Basin
- 0414020116 - Lower Seneca River Watershed (198 KB PDF)
- 0414020115 - Onondaga Lake Watershed (316 KB PDF)
- 0414020114 - Middle Seneca River Watershed (184 KB PDF)
- 0414020113 - Owasco Lake Watershed (232 KB PDF)
- 0414020112 - Cayuga/Yawger Creek Watershed (190 KB PDF)
- 0414020111 - Cayuga/Salmon Creek Watershed (143 KB PDF)
- 0414020110 - Cayuga Inlet Watershed (179 KB PDF)
- 0414020109 - Upper Seneca River Watershed (146 KB PDF)
- 0414020108 - Seneca/Big Stream Watershed (161 KB PDF)
- 0414020107 - Keuka Lake Watershed (157 KB PDF)
- 0414020106 - Seneca Lake Inlet Watershed (133 KB PDF)
- 0414020105 - Ganargua Creek/Barge Canal Watershed (143 KB PDF)
- 0414020104 - Canadaigua Outlet Watershed (145 KB PDF)
- 0414020103 - Flint Creek Watershed (139 KB PDF)
- 0414020102 - Canadaigua Lake Watershed (147 KB PDF)
- 0414020101 - Mud Creek Watershed (168 KB PDF)
Assessment Methodology (PDF, 160 KB)
WI/PWL Data Sheet Definitions (PDF, 110 KB)
Index of Waterbodies (PDF, 157 KB) - Alphabetically and by county.
Oswego River/Finger Lakes Basin Assessment
The most recent summary assessment of overall water quality in the entire Oswego River/Finger Lakes Basin was completed in February 2008. This basin summary may not reflect subsequent assessment of some individual waterbodies.
Basin Assessment (PDF, 276 KB) - Includes a brief summary of water quality in the entire basin.
Water Quality Assessment Map (PDF, 1.5 MB)
Additional overview and water quality information about the Basin is available on the Oswego River/Finger Lakes Watershed page.
Previous WI/PWL Reports
The previous (February 2008) WI/PWL Report for The Oswego River/Finer Lakes Basin (PDF, 3.9 MB) is also available.
For additional information and answers to questions about this water quality assessment, please use the contact information at the right to reach us by e-mail, phone or in writing.