Pesticides and Alternatives
The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation is the state agency that regulates pesticides and is responsible for compliance assistance, public outreach activities and, enforcement of the requirements in the Environmental Conservation Law.
NYSPAD Product Search - The NYSPAD product search has replaced the Product, Ingredient, and Manufacturer System (PIMS) as the source for all your New York pesticide product registration information and approved labels. Please bookmark this site and begin using it immediately as the data on PIMS is no longer being updated.
2012 PRL Data Now Available - Department and Cornell staff have worked to validate the data for the 2012 reporting year. This data details pesticide use and sales for the 2012 calendar year. Links to the reports and data summaries on Cornell's Pesticide Reporting website are located on the PRL Annual Reports Page.
Photo courtesy of USDA NRCS
Worker Protection Standard (WPS) - The Department plans to hold a number of outreach sessions this year pertaining to the new requirements issued by the USEPA (leaves DEC website) found in the WPS. Email questions regarding the WPS to PesticideCompliance@dec.ny.gov.
The Pesticide Reporting and Certification Section can be contacted at 518-402-8748 or PestMgt@dec.ny.gov.
The Pesticide Product Registration Section can be contacted at 518-402-8768 or PPR@dec.ny.gov.
The Pesticide Compliance Section can be contacted at 518-402-8727 or PesticideCompliance@dec.ny.gov.
For questions regarding The Pesticide Reporting Law (PRL), call 518-402-8748 or email email@example.com.
The PesticidesUpdates list is for NYSDEC to provide the list members with information announcements only.
Sign up for the PesticidesUpdates e-mail notification listserv and get notices sent right to your inbox. Subscribe to GovDelivery, enter your e-mail address, complete and submit the requested information on the "New Subscriber" page. On the "Quick Subscription" page you will see all of the additional topics that you can receive email updates on from DEC. Scroll to the "Prevent and Control Pollution" category and check the box next to "Pesticides." You will receive a welcome email from DEC confirming your subscription(s).
More about Pesticides and Alternatives:
- Business/Agency Pesticide Information - Information for businesses and agencies who either apply or sell pesticide products.
- Pesticide Product Registration - The Environmental Conservation Law requires every pesticide product which is used, distributed, sold or offered for sale in New York State to be registered with the NYSDEC.
- Mosquito Control - Find mosquito control requirements for New York State including a list of registered pesticide products and commercial application requirements.
- Cooling Towers & Pesticide Applications - Requirements for individuals and businesses/agencies making pesticidal applications to cooling towers.
- Pet Groomers and Pesticide Products - Information for pet grooming businesses and pet owners regarding pesticide use and pet grooming pesticide applicator certification.
- The Pesticide Reporting Law (PRL) - Information regarding pesticide reporting
- Aquatic Pesticides - The NYSDEC regulates the application of aquatic pesticides in New York State and is responsible for compliance assistance and public outreach activities to ensure enforcement of State pesticide laws.
- Long Island Pesticide Pollution Prevention Strategy - A pesticide pollution prevention approach for protecting Long Island's groundwater as well as meeting the pest management needs of the agricultural, residential, and commercial sectors.
- CleanSweepNY Project - An Environmental Benefit Project for the removal of cancelled, unwanted, unusable, or otherwise obsolete pesticide chemicals.
- The Neighbor Notification Law, Rule and Regulation - Information about the requirements under the Neighbor Notification Law in those NYS Counties in which it has been adopted.
- Pest Management for Schools, Day Care Centers and Parents - Information regarding Guidance and Policy regarding pesticide prohibition on grounds at schools and day care centers, alternative pest management and the pesticide Neighbor Notification Law.
- Sponsor a Pesticide Course - Information and instructions related to Department approved pesticide training.
- Questions and Answers Regarding New York State Pest Management Program - Please take a look at the most recent additions to our series of Q&A about Pesticides Program subjects, such as pesticide product labels, commercial lawn applications, and many more topics.
- Pest Management Forms - a compilation of various forms used in the Pesticides Program.
- Amended Requirements for Pesticide Applicators to Provide Product Label Information - Revised requirements regarding the formats product label information can be requested in (written, digital or electronic) and adding a requirement for the applicator to possess a written copy of that information.
- Amended Requirements for Pesticide Commercial Lawn Care Contracts - Revised requirements regarding the formats certain information can be provided in (written, digital or electronic) for commercial lawn care contracts.
- Federal Endangered Species Program - USEPA maintains a website regarding endangered species, including information on pesticides management as it relates to endangered species nationwide. The NYSDEC Pesticides Program web page includes a link to that USEPA site and a brief description of its pesticide-related aspects.
- Pest Management and Pesticide Use Brochures - The DEC Pest Management Information Series of brochures are the Department's primary source of information on pest management issues for New York State residents.