Building Flood Resiliency at the Local Level: A Climate Smart Communities Webinar
Thursday, September 14, 2017 at 10:30 AM - 12:00 PM
The frequency of heavy downpours in the Northeast U.S. increased by 71 percent between 1958 and 2012. The costs associated with flood damage are rising across the nation and in New York State. Local governments have a key role in protecting their communities against flooding. In this webinar, participants will learn about how one New York town lowered its flood insurance premium rates by participating in the federal Community Rating System. Speakers will also discuss community flood resiliency in general and a project in Monroe County that is seeking to reduce flood-related problems, in partnership with the Genesee/Finger Lakes Regional Planning Council and The Nature Conservancy.
Please provide us with your name and community affiliation, either via email or telephone to the Office of Climate Change at email@example.com or 518-402-8448. In the event that we cancel or postpone this webinar, respondents will be notified.
To join the webinar on September 14th, follow these steps:
1. First, click on this link: https://meetny.webex.com/meetny/onstage/g.php? MTID=e07b1b1f21f345df5ba61a065ec1b782d
2. Enter your name and email address.
3. Enter the meeting password: NYSDEC1
4. Click "Join".
5. Audio by phone: Click “Call Me” in the onscreen “Audio Connection” box and enter your phone number to have the system call you. Alternatively, call 1-844-633-8697 and enter the Event Number: 645 179 573, followed by your Attendee ID (which will be displayed on your screen in the Event Info tab) to join the audio portion. (The Attendee ID is recommended but not required.)
6. Audio via computer: Listen via your computer's built-in audio, or via VoIP, by going to the Audio menu and selecting Call Using Computer. For more details, review this short video: https://help.webex.com/videos/1290
For assistance with WebEx, call 1-800-697-1323 or 518-408-6487. This webinar can be accessed using an Android mobile phone, an iPhone, an iPad, or other computer running a Windows or Mac operating system.
Note that you may have to download the WebEx plug-in and/or restart your browser to connect to the webinar, especially if you are using a Mac computer. Please join the webinar at least five minutes early to allow yourself some time to get connected.
Two days before webinar, test the computer you plan to use by clicking on the following link: http://www.webex.com/test-meeting.html
Important Notice: This WebEx service includes a feature that allows audio and any documents and other materials exchanged or viewed during the session to be recorded. By joining this session, you automatically consent to such recordings. If you do not consent to the recording, discuss your concerns with the meeting host prior to the start of the recording or do not join the session. Please note that any such recordings may be subject to discovery in the event of litigation.